Chelsea may use David Luiz in a part exchange deal for Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa [L’Equipe]
— Saikat Mandal (@saikat_lens) April 30, 2014
Ahead of the Champions League at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night, French daily L’Equipe are reporting that Chelsea and Atletico Madrid could be set to do business over the summer.
Chelsea have been touted to want to sign Brazilian-born Spanish international striker Diego Costa this summer, with figures of 50 million pounds being bounded about as the potential transfer fee.
Now L’Equipe are claiming that the Blues are looking to mix up the financing terms by offering David Luiz in part exchange for Costa.
After the January arrival of Nemanja Matic, Luiz seems destined to be a goner from Chelsea at the end of the season, and Barcelona are also known to be interested in the player.
Watch Live Stream
- Awful news: Cristiano Ronaldo limped out of Real Madrid training today (Video & Tweets)May 24th, 2016
- ‘I felt lost’ : Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres reflects on his dark days at ...May 23rd, 2016
- Nico Gaitan cries after final game for Benfica, ahead of Atletico Madrid move (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Diego Godin believes he can get a PSG striker to come to Atletico Madrid [Quotes]May 17th, 2016
- Ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to bring £60m rated Willian to Man United [Sun]May 25th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016
- Man United may pay Chelsea a six-figure sum to secure Jose Mourinho’s image rights [BBC]May 25th, 2016
- Tottenham agree kit deal with Nike, far lower than Chelsea’s [Times]May 25th, 2016
- PSG stars David Luiz and Lucas Moura compete in accuracy challenge (Video)April 4th, 2016
- David Luiz’s classy gesture to a Chelsea fan after PSG won at Stamford Bridge (Video)March 10th, 2016
- David Luiz avoids questions about Chelsea, claims PSG won because of a collective effort (Video)March 9th, 2016
- David Luiz stars in PSG hype video ahead of CL 2nd leg against Chelsea (Video)March 7th, 2016