- Nacer Chadli endears himself to Spurs fans with Tweet during Liverpool-Arsenal
- Jonas Gutierrez thanks Newcastle United fans after beating cancer [Video]
- “They must hate me here”: Adam Johnson interview after Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1 [Video]
- Brilliant! Sunderland’s Adam Johnson trolled Newcastle’s Jack Colback after 1-0 win [Picture]
- Liverpool v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
Chelsea & Manchester United target Edinson Cavani’s agents are in London to hold talks with relevant parties [Mail]
The January window has close but the transfer system never sleeps, and strategic moves are already being made for the summer window.
The Daily Mail claim Edinson Cavani’s agents are currently in London to hold talks with interested parties, most likely Chelsea.
The other known admirers are Manchester United, though unless they’re planning a trip up to Manchester, it seems talks are being limited to Chelsea for this visit.
The Mail believe Cavani wants to move away from PSG, despite his relative success there since moving from Napoli last summer; with his wing role to accommodate Zlatan said to be a source of frustration.
With Cavani’s price tag unlikely to drop much below the £54million PSG paid for him, it will be interesting to see how Mourinho explains his way out of this one, should they land the Uruguayan.
The Mail believe Arsenal may also come into the reckoning, but for now Chelsea and United remain the most likely suitors.
With Cavani’s people in London for talks, it sends out a strong signal of intent that they will be listening to offers at a later date.
As for PSG’s reaction to this news…
- Updated: February 6, 2014