Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho thinks Ashley Cole will stay at the club
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he thinks Ashley Cole will ‘play for the club again’, despite the full-back breaking down in tears while doing his lap of honour following Sunday’s draw with Norwich.
Cole’s tears have furthered speculation that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge, but Mourinho was quick to make a case for the defender’s place at Chelsea.
Along with Cole, Mourinho thinks there remains a role at the club for fellow English veterans Frank Lampard and John Terry: “I think they will play here again. I think so. But now it’s time to wait a little.”
Chelsea’s draw with Norwich basically denied them any realistic chance of winning the league, meaning they’ll probably end the season empty-handed. A summer of rebuilding is ahead, even if the English trio stay.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...