Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho thinks Ashley Cole will stay at the club
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he thinks Ashley Cole will ‘play for the club again’, despite the full-back breaking down in tears while doing his lap of honour following Sunday’s draw with Norwich.
Cole’s tears have furthered speculation that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge, but Mourinho was quick to make a case for the defender’s place at Chelsea.
Along with Cole, Mourinho thinks there remains a role at the club for fellow English veterans Frank Lampard and John Terry: “I think they will play here again. I think so. But now it’s time to wait a little.”
Chelsea’s draw with Norwich basically denied them any realistic chance of winning the league, meaning they’ll probably end the season empty-handed. A summer of rebuilding is ahead, even if the English trio stay.
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole makes horrendous mistake to gift Man City a goal [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s best chance against AS Roma foiled by old nemesis Ashley Cole...
- Ashley Cole pulls off audacious back-heel pass to De Sanctis against Real Madrid [Video]
- Chelsea legends in spot kick battle: Ashley Cole takes woeful penalty v Didier Drogba [...
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole committed a horrible, late foul for AS Roma in Serie A [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi