Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho thinks Ashley Cole will stay at the club
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he thinks Ashley Cole will ‘play for the club again’, despite the full-back breaking down in tears while doing his lap of honour following Sunday’s draw with Norwich.
Cole’s tears have furthered speculation that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge, but Mourinho was quick to make a case for the defender’s place at Chelsea.
Along with Cole, Mourinho thinks there remains a role at the club for fellow English veterans Frank Lampard and John Terry: “I think they will play here again. I think so. But now it’s time to wait a little.”
Chelsea’s draw with Norwich basically denied them any realistic chance of winning the league, meaning they’ll probably end the season empty-handed. A summer of rebuilding is ahead, even if the English trio stay.
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole committed a horrible, late foul for AS Roma in Serie A [Video]
- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palac...
- Chelsea fan tries to put Ashley Cole Christmas Tree in Arsenal Shop, it gets destroyed ...
- Chelsea United! Man City’s Frank Lampard & Roma’s Ashley Cole take a p...
- Seriously? England Twitter account features Ashley Cole (45 mins) & John Stones as...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi