Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho thinks Ashley Cole will stay at the club
- May 4, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he thinks Ashley Cole will ‘play for the club again’, despite the full-back breaking down in tears while doing his lap of honour following Sunday’s draw with Norwich.
Cole’s tears have furthered speculation that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge, but Mourinho was quick to make a case for the defender’s place at Chelsea.
Along with Cole, Mourinho thinks there remains a role at the club for fellow English veterans Frank Lampard and John Terry: “I think they will play here again. I think so. But now it’s time to wait a little.”
Chelsea’s draw with Norwich basically denied them any realistic chance of winning the league, meaning they’ll probably end the season empty-handed. A summer of rebuilding is ahead, even if the English trio stay.
- Ashley Cole plays awesome keepy-ups with Roma wunderkid Pietro Tomaselli (Video)
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole makes horrendous mistake to gift Man City a goal [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s best chance against AS Roma foiled by old nemesis Ashley Cole...
- Ashley Cole pulls off audacious back-heel pass to De Sanctis against Real Madrid [Video]
- Arsenal fan uses the win over Man United to send a message to Jose Mourinho (Video)
- Jose Mourinho given ‘Stay of Execution’ by Chelsea board after Southampton ...
- Chelsea captain John Terry publicly backs under-fire boss Jose Mourinho
- Chelsea fan says Jose Mourinho is no longer “special” after Southampton def...
- New York City’s Frank Lampard scores on 48 seconds v DC United (Videos)
- Chelsea old-boy Frank Lampard scored a trademark goal for New York City FC (Video)
- NYCFC’s Andrea Pirlo almost scored olimpico, Chelsea hero Frank Lampard chalked u...
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard opens his MLS account for New York City FC (Video)