Chelsea & Man United linked to a Barca midfielder but clubs refuse to meet the asking price [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 11, 2014
Mundo Deportivo report on Cameroonian international Alex Song on Friday, and the current situation for the former Arsenal midfielder is not all that healthy.
Song, who shamed himself and his country with his ridiculous red card elbow offence against Croatia at the World Cup, is now out of favour at the Camp Nou, and widespread believe is that the Catalans want to offload the player this summer.
But there is a hiccup. Nobody is interested in his services.
MD namedrop Manchester United, Napoli, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Marseille as clubs who have all had a look at Song this summer, but as of Friday, not one single bid has been lodged.
Undoubtedly the lack of bids is directly related to sums of cash Barca are demanding for Song. Barcelona have reportedly set the Song transfer fee at €25m after the club shelled out €19m for the player when they signed him.
So will Chelsea and Man United make a move for Song? Our gut feeling is simply no.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...