- Quality Arsene Wenger quote on spending money in January!
- Hartlepool’s Labour MP Iain Wright goes on Sky News to denounce plans for Ched Evans signing [Video]
- Dasha Zhukova, girlfriend of Chelsea’s Abramovich, gets close to DiCaprio in New York [Pictures]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez scored a sensational disallowed goal v Roma [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Kevin de Bruyne is on Man City’s shopping list, Wolfsburg to refuse bid [Express]
Chelsea & Man United linked to a Barca midfielder but clubs refuse to meet the asking price [Mundo Deportivo]
Mundo Deportivo report on Cameroonian international Alex Song on Friday, and the current situation for the former Arsenal midfielder is not all that healthy.
Song, who shamed himself and his country with his ridiculous red card elbow offence against Croatia at the World Cup, is now out of favour at the Camp Nou, and widespread believe is that the Catalans want to offload the player this summer.
But there is a hiccup. Nobody is interested in his services.
MD namedrop Manchester United, Napoli, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Marseille as clubs who have all had a look at Song this summer, but as of Friday, not one single bid has been lodged.
Undoubtedly the lack of bids is directly related to sums of cash Barca are demanding for Song. Barcelona have reportedly set the Song transfer fee at €25m after the club shelled out €19m for the player when they signed him.
So will Chelsea and Man United make a move for Song? Our gut feeling is simply no.
- Updated: July 11, 2014