- Arsenal slammed for poor defending on Liverpool’s equaliser [Tweets]
- Best tweets as 10 man Liverpool score late equaliser to draw 2-2 at home to Arsenal
- Liverpool’s defending for Olivier Giroud goal was WOEFUL [Pictures]
- Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers celebrated Coutinho’s goal v Arsenal with a Nazi salute [Picture]
- Nacer Chadli endears himself to Spurs fans with Tweet during Liverpool-Arsenal
Chelsea make contact with Radamel Falcao’s advisers over £52m move [Sunday Express]
“Although the Portuguese insisted he was in Brussels to watch Chelsea players Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne, Sunday Express Sport can reveal that contact has been made with Falcao’s advisers.” – John Richardson, Sunday Express.
Its the Sunday of an international break and the January transfer window is coming up, cue plenty of spurious gossip.
The Sunday Express splash their back page with claims that Chelsea are accelerating their move for Radamel Falcao, with the Colombian reportedly unhappy at Monaco.
Apparently, Jose Mourinho attended Colombia’s friendly win over Belgium on Thursday night in order to watch Falcao, who scored as the South Americans ran out 2-0 winners.
John Richardson of the Sunday Express claims Chelsea would be willing to include Fernando Torres in the deal, despite the fact El Nino has looked much improved under Mourinho this season.
Richardson suggests “Falcao has struggled to adapt to the lack of atmosphere at home games [in Monaco]” and “Torres, who could be attracted by the chance to earn big bucks in the tax haven.”
We find it unlikely that Falcao would join Chelsea now after the Blues very clearly lost out to Monaco in the summer.
Nevertheless, the thought of Falcao leading the line for the Blues must be an enticing prospect for the likes of Mourinho and Roman Abramovich.
- Updated: November 17, 2013