Chelsea loanee Nathaniel Chalobah claims he was racially abused at halftime of Millwall v Nottingham Forest
- December 4, 2013
Nathaniel Chalobah, the Chelsea midfielder currently on loan at Nottingham Forest, has issued a statement claiming he was racially abused by Millwall fans on Tuesday night.
Millwall drew 2-2 with Forest, while Chalobah got on the scoresheet with header from a corner in the 66th minute.
Nottingham Forest have published a statement on their website saying
At half-time, the on-loan Chelsea midfielder told Forest’s deputy manager Ned Kelly that he believed he was subjected to racist chanting from a section of the home support in the first half.
The 18 year old, who claims to have been initially subject to verbal abuse from the same section after receiving treatment for an injury in the opening minutes, was upset by the alleged abuse and struggled to keep his concentration during the interval as a result.
Footage of Nathaniel Chalobah’s goal for Nottingham Forest v Millwall is below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...