Chelsea loanee Nathaniel Chalobah claims he was racially abused at halftime of Millwall v Nottingham Forest
- December 4, 2013
Nathaniel Chalobah, the Chelsea midfielder currently on loan at Nottingham Forest, has issued a statement claiming he was racially abused by Millwall fans on Tuesday night.
Millwall drew 2-2 with Forest, while Chalobah got on the scoresheet with header from a corner in the 66th minute.
Nottingham Forest have published a statement on their website saying
At half-time, the on-loan Chelsea midfielder told Forest’s deputy manager Ned Kelly that he believed he was subjected to racist chanting from a section of the home support in the first half.
The 18 year old, who claims to have been initially subject to verbal abuse from the same section after receiving treatment for an injury in the opening minutes, was upset by the alleged abuse and struggled to keep his concentration during the interval as a result.
Footage of Nathaniel Chalobah’s goal for Nottingham Forest v Millwall is below.
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...