Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois sends “Gracias Atlético” video message
If there was any doubt that Thibaut Courtois will be playing for Chelsea this season, it has surely now been dispelled by this video.
Courtois, arguably the best young goalkeeper in world football, has spent three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea.
There has been plenty of chatter about how Courtois was not so keen to return to Stamford Bridge and play second fiddle to Petr Cech with Atletico keen to hold onto the Belgian custodian for another season.
But, impressed with his performances for the La Liga champions, including in the Champions League semi-final win for Atletico over Chelsea, Mourinho has summoned Courtois back to London.
Atletico Madrid have already prepared for life after Courtois by bringing in Slovenian goalkeeper Jan Oblak.
Meanwhile, Courtois will have a task on his hands to usurp Petr Cech as Chelsea’s number one.
For now, Courtois has left a rather impressive video message on YouTube for the Atletico staff, players and fans to thank them for his time at the Vicente Calderon.
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Chelsea’s Oscar explains Maccabi Tel Aviv goal celebration on Instagram
- Thibaut Courtois uploads extended footage of his Chelsea rehab exercises on Facebook (Video)
- Injured Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois starts running again (Instagram Video)
- Good news for Chelsea fans as Thibaut Courtois starts practicing with a ball again (Instagram Video)
- FAIL: Chelsea’s Twitter didn’t know who was playing in goal at Everton today