Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois pulls off wonder saves for Atletico Madrid at Valencia
The continuing brilliance of Thibaut Courtois means Chelsea will eventually have to make a decision about the young Belgian keeper.
It looks likely that this could well come in the summer, after the World Cup, when Courtois could have established himself as the best custodian on the planet.
Courtois was the man of the match for Atletico Madrid on Tuesday evening as he kept out Valencia on numerous occasions in a game Los Che would finally equalise in late on to square it up at 1-1.
Since it was the first game of a two-legged Copa del Rey encounter and Atletico are terrific at home, Courtois could well have won the tie with his heroics at the Mestalla.
There remain suggestions that Barcelona will move for Courtois but Chelsea seem unwilling to allow him to leave to a “Champions League rival.”
If these performances continue happening on a regular basis, Chelsea may well have to replace Petr Cech with Courtois, which is quite an incredible state of affairs.
Thibaut Courtois’ best three saves versus Valencia are on the video below.
- Atletico striker Angel Correa (20) spins past Casemiro with gorgeous roulette (GIF)
- Shocking Scenes: Benfica fans throw flares at Atletico Madrid fans during CL clash (video)
- Shocking: Benfica fans throw flares from the upper tier onto Atletico fans sitting belo...
- Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- FAIL: Chelsea’s Twitter didn’t know who was playing in goal at Everton today
- Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois tweets from hospital bed ahead of knee surgery
- Jose Mourinho confirms Thibaut Courtois will be out ‘for quite a long time’...
- Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois ruled out for 10 weeks with knee injury [Best Tweets]