Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois pulls off wonder saves for Atletico Madrid at Valencia
- January 8, 2014
The continuing brilliance of Thibaut Courtois means Chelsea will eventually have to make a decision about the young Belgian keeper.
It looks likely that this could well come in the summer, after the World Cup, when Courtois could have established himself as the best custodian on the planet.
Courtois was the man of the match for Atletico Madrid on Tuesday evening as he kept out Valencia on numerous occasions in a game Los Che would finally equalise in late on to square it up at 1-1.
Since it was the first game of a two-legged Copa del Rey encounter and Atletico are terrific at home, Courtois could well have won the tie with his heroics at the Mestalla.
There remain suggestions that Barcelona will move for Courtois but Chelsea seem unwilling to allow him to leave to a “Champions League rival.”
If these performances continue happening on a regular basis, Chelsea may well have to replace Petr Cech with Courtois, which is quite an incredible state of affairs.
Thibaut Courtois’ best three saves versus Valencia are on the video below.
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld arrives in London to complete move to Totten...
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Man United target Nico Gaitan will have his Benfica future decided this week, club expe...
- Toby Alderweireld to undergo Spurs medical on Monday [HLN]
- Southampton threaten to sue if Toby Alderweireld is sold to Tottenham [Sky Sports]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi