Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois pulls off wonder saves for Atletico Madrid at Valencia
- January 8, 2014
The continuing brilliance of Thibaut Courtois means Chelsea will eventually have to make a decision about the young Belgian keeper.
It looks likely that this could well come in the summer, after the World Cup, when Courtois could have established himself as the best custodian on the planet.
Courtois was the man of the match for Atletico Madrid on Tuesday evening as he kept out Valencia on numerous occasions in a game Los Che would finally equalise in late on to square it up at 1-1.
Since it was the first game of a two-legged Copa del Rey encounter and Atletico are terrific at home, Courtois could well have won the tie with his heroics at the Mestalla.
There remain suggestions that Barcelona will move for Courtois but Chelsea seem unwilling to allow him to leave to a “Champions League rival.”
If these performances continue happening on a regular basis, Chelsea may well have to replace Petr Cech with Courtois, which is quite an incredible state of affairs.
Thibaut Courtois’ best three saves versus Valencia are on the video below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...