Chelsea keeper Petr Cech ruled out for Liverpool & Atletico return game with dislocated shoulder
- April 22, 2014
Chelsea lost their influential goalkeeper Petr Cech in the first half of their 0-0 Champions League semi-final 1st leg at Atletico Madrid.
It was later confirmed by AS that the Czech keeper had indeed suffered a dislocated shoulder.
Petr Cech will therefore definitely miss Sunday’s huge clash at Liverpool and next week’s Semi-final 2nd leg against Atletico Madrid.
The important goalkeeper could miss the rest of the season and will be a huge blow to Chelsea’s double ambitions.
Cech has been taken to the CEMTRO Clinic where it's been confirmed he has a dislocated shoulder. pic.twitter.com/Em1ALmZa4K
— AS English (@English_AS) April 22, 2014
Petr Cech injured, John Terry injured. The real winners tonight are Liverpool. They face Chelsea on Sunday.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) April 22, 2014
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi