Chelsea keeper Petr Cech ruled out for Liverpool & Atletico return game with dislocated shoulder
Chelsea lost their influential goalkeeper Petr Cech in the first half of their 0-0 Champions League semi-final 1st leg at Atletico Madrid.
It was later confirmed by AS that the Czech keeper had indeed suffered a dislocated shoulder.
Petr Cech will therefore definitely miss Sunday’s huge clash at Liverpool and next week’s Semi-final 2nd leg against Atletico Madrid.
The important goalkeeper could miss the rest of the season and will be a huge blow to Chelsea’s double ambitions.
Cech has been taken to the CEMTRO Clinic where it's been confirmed he has a dislocated shoulder. pic.twitter.com/Em1ALmZa4K
— AS English (@English_AS) April 22, 2014
Petr Cech injured, John Terry injured. The real winners tonight are Liverpool. They face Chelsea on Sunday.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) April 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Incredible video of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rousing half-time speech in CL finalOctober 23, 2016
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016
- Why Jose Mourinho was angry with Antonio Conte at full-time of Chelsea 4-0 Man UnitedOctober 23, 2016
- Ryan Giggs blasts Man United players attitude for swapping shirts at full-time after losing 4-0October 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- Magnificent Phil Coutinho hailed on MOTD after Liverpool win over West BromOctober 23, 2016
- Wayne Rooney has the final word v Michael Owen over supporting LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016