Chelsea keeper Petr Cech ruled out for Liverpool & Atletico return game with dislocated shoulder
Chelsea lost their influential goalkeeper Petr Cech in the first half of their 0-0 Champions League semi-final 1st leg at Atletico Madrid.
It was later confirmed by AS that the Czech keeper had indeed suffered a dislocated shoulder.
Petr Cech will therefore definitely miss Sunday’s huge clash at Liverpool and next week’s Semi-final 2nd leg against Atletico Madrid.
The important goalkeeper could miss the rest of the season and will be a huge blow to Chelsea’s double ambitions.
Cech has been taken to the CEMTRO Clinic where it's been confirmed he has a dislocated shoulder. pic.twitter.com/Em1ALmZa4K
— AS English (@English_AS) April 22, 2014
Petr Cech injured, John Terry injured. The real winners tonight are Liverpool. They face Chelsea on Sunday.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) April 22, 2014
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Jose Mourinho talks about the return of Chelsea’s morale after the win in Tel Aviv (Video)
- Jose Mourinho and Diego Costa had a screaming match at half-time of their game against Maccabi Te...
- Jose Mourinho turned into a groundsman during Chelsea’s match at Maccabi Tel Aviv (Video)
- Steven Gerrard believes the ‘Klopp Effect’ is taking hold at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)
- Steven Gerrard admits he’s looking forward to training with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard uses Instagram to announce Liverpool’s All Stars game in Australia (Video)