Chelsea keeper Petr Cech produced a brilliant penalty save for the Czech Republic v Canada
- November 17, 2013
Of all the international fixtures on Friday night, one of the least high profile was Czech Republic’s 2-0 win over Canada.
With neither side heading to the World Cup, the 2-0 Czech Republic victory was greeted with little fanfare but there could well have been a significant moment for Chelsea keeper Petr Cech.
The Chelsea number one has not quite been at his best for Chelsea in 2013/2014, notably struggling against West Brom last time out.
And, the impressive form shown by Thibaut Courtois at Atletico Madrid has had many placing question marks on Cech’s Chelsea career.
You imagine the penalty save above will have done Cech the world of good as he flung himself to his right to keep out a Dwayne De Rosario spot kick with the score at 1-0.
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Juventus consider bid for Chelsea midfielder Willian [Mirror]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi