Chelsea have signed Nicolas Otamendi, Porto defender will join for 2014/2015 [Marca]
Chelsea’s defence will be significantly strengthened next season, if a report in Marca is correct.
The Spanish daily claims Chelsea have agreed to sign Nicolas Otamendi from Porto with the Argentine defender joining at the start of the 2014/2015 season.
The 25-year-old Argentine is a strong defender in the mould of current Chelsea player Branislav Ivanovic.
Marca suggest Chelsea had to fight off competition from Barcelona and AC Milan to sign Otamendi, who has impressed in spells at Velez Sarsfield and more recently at Porto.
Porto are now actively searching for replacements and Chelsea’s interest in Otamendi was specifically raised by Jose Mourinho who is keen to add more steel to his defence.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to bring £60m rated Willian to Man United [Sun]May 25th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016
- Man United may pay Chelsea a six-figure sum to secure Jose Mourinho’s image rights [BBC]May 25th, 2016
- Tottenham agree kit deal with Nike, far lower than Chelsea’s [Times]May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal scouts spotted at Porto looking at a defensive midfielder [O Jogo]May 1st, 2016
- FC Porto reject a bid from Arsenal for a midfielder [Correio da Manha]April 13th, 2016
- Porto: El Confidencial’s source on Iker Casillas rumours died years agoMarch 17th, 2016