Chelsea have signed Nicolas Otamendi, Porto defender will join for 2014/2015 [Marca]
Chelsea’s defence will be significantly strengthened next season, if a report in Marca is correct.
The Spanish daily claims Chelsea have agreed to sign Nicolas Otamendi from Porto with the Argentine defender joining at the start of the 2014/2015 season.
The 25-year-old Argentine is a strong defender in the mould of current Chelsea player Branislav Ivanovic.
Marca suggest Chelsea had to fight off competition from Barcelona and AC Milan to sign Otamendi, who has impressed in spells at Velez Sarsfield and more recently at Porto.
Porto are now actively searching for replacements and Chelsea’s interest in Otamendi was specifically raised by Jose Mourinho who is keen to add more steel to his defence.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United have a horrific record away at Chelsea since 2002 [Graphic]October 21, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho rules out third spell at Chelsea (Video)October 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho doesn’t come off well in Chelsea man Victor Moses’ ESPN interviewOctober 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho gives refreshingly frank interview about Chelsea sacking (Video)October 21, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016