- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Chelsea have signed Nicolas Otamendi, Porto defender will join for 2014/2015 [Marca]
Chelsea’s defence will be significantly strengthened next season, if a report in Marca is correct.
The Spanish daily claims Chelsea have agreed to sign Nicolas Otamendi from Porto with the Argentine defender joining at the start of the 2014/2015 season.
The 25-year-old Argentine is a strong defender in the mould of current Chelsea player Branislav Ivanovic.
Marca suggest Chelsea had to fight off competition from Barcelona and AC Milan to sign Otamendi, who has impressed in spells at Velez Sarsfield and more recently at Porto.
Porto are now actively searching for replacements and Chelsea’s interest in Otamendi was specifically raised by Jose Mourinho who is keen to add more steel to his defence.
- Updated: October 4, 2013