Chelsea have signed Nicolas Otamendi, Porto defender will join for 2014/2015 [Marca]
Chelsea’s defence will be significantly strengthened next season, if a report in Marca is correct.
The Spanish daily claims Chelsea have agreed to sign Nicolas Otamendi from Porto with the Argentine defender joining at the start of the 2014/2015 season.
The 25-year-old Argentine is a strong defender in the mould of current Chelsea player Branislav Ivanovic.
Marca suggest Chelsea had to fight off competition from Barcelona and AC Milan to sign Otamendi, who has impressed in spells at Velez Sarsfield and more recently at Porto.
Porto are now actively searching for replacements and Chelsea’s interest in Otamendi was specifically raised by Jose Mourinho who is keen to add more steel to his defence.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea fans will love this Dr Dre advert ahead of the West Brom game (video)December 11, 2016
- Chelsea fans react to docked points story [Tweets]December 11, 2016
- David Luiz films his Chelsea trio in great mood ahead of West Brom (videos)December 10, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Iker Casillas is back to his best as he takes a Champions League record away from XaviDecember 8, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016