Chelsea have signed Nicolas Otamendi, Porto defender will join for 2014/2015 [Marca]
- October 4, 2013
Chelsea’s defence will be significantly strengthened next season, if a report in Marca is correct.
The Spanish daily claims Chelsea have agreed to sign Nicolas Otamendi from Porto with the Argentine defender joining at the start of the 2014/2015 season.
The 25-year-old Argentine is a strong defender in the mould of current Chelsea player Branislav Ivanovic.
Marca suggest Chelsea had to fight off competition from Barcelona and AC Milan to sign Otamendi, who has impressed in spells at Velez Sarsfield and more recently at Porto.
Porto are now actively searching for replacements and Chelsea’s interest in Otamendi was specifically raised by Jose Mourinho who is keen to add more steel to his defence.
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- Chelsea will bid £8m for Asmir Begovic, as Stoke struggle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri [Tele...
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi