Chelsea fan invades Shrewsbury-Galatasaray friendly, hugs Didier Drogba & won’t let go!
- July 15, 2013
All Chelsea fans feel a deep affection towards Didier Drogba, arguably the greatest striker in the club’s history and the man that secured the Champions League trophy, with the winning penalty in the Allianz Arena just over a year ago.
One Chelsea supporter decided to show his love to the big Ivorian during Galatasaray’s friendly at Shrewsbury on Saturday.
Gala eased to a 3-0 win but the game was held up by a tattooed Chelsea fan (with Didier Drogba celebrating inked on his back – see picture above) who came on to the pitch to give the striker a hug.
Lingering for some time, the fan simply wouldn’t let go of his idol and it took Drogba to escorting the Chelsea supporter off the pitch, with the aid of a steward.
Video below, followed by another picture of supporters urging Drogba to return to England.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi