Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo confirms on Instagram he will return to Middlesbrough on loan
- July 20, 2014
Despite signing for Chelsea in January 2012, Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo is still yet to play for the Blues.
To put it into perspective, Omeruo has already played 17 times for Nigeria and the 20-year-old was an ever-present for the African side during their four games at the World Cup.
On joining Chelsea, Omeruo initially joined ADO Den Haag on loan before heading to Middlesbrough last season.
On Sunday, Omeruo announced that he will return to Middlesbrough for the 2014/2015 season.
The Instagram picture above was tagged with the following message: “Holiday is finished. . Almost time for work again.. happy to be re joining boro for a new season.”
Reaction from Middlesbrough fans to the Instagram post seem generally positive, clearly Omeruo impressed during his loan spell last season.
Middlesbrough may be hoping for more Chelsea players on loan with coach Aitor Karanka having worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
- Chelsea medic Eva Carneiro has not returned to work since being demoted by Jose Mourinh...
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...