Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo confirms on Instagram he will return to Middlesbrough on loan
- July 20, 2014
Despite signing for Chelsea in January 2012, Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo is still yet to play for the Blues.
To put it into perspective, Omeruo has already played 17 times for Nigeria and the 20-year-old was an ever-present for the African side during their four games at the World Cup.
On joining Chelsea, Omeruo initially joined ADO Den Haag on loan before heading to Middlesbrough last season.
On Sunday, Omeruo announced that he will return to Middlesbrough for the 2014/2015 season.
The Instagram picture above was tagged with the following message: “Holiday is finished. . Almost time for work again.. happy to be re joining boro for a new season.”
Reaction from Middlesbrough fans to the Instagram post seem generally positive, clearly Omeruo impressed during his loan spell last season.
Middlesbrough may be hoping for more Chelsea players on loan with coach Aitor Karanka having worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...