Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo confirms on Instagram he will return to Middlesbrough on loan
Despite signing for Chelsea in January 2012, Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo is still yet to play for the Blues.
To put it into perspective, Omeruo has already played 17 times for Nigeria and the 20-year-old was an ever-present for the African side during their four games at the World Cup.
On joining Chelsea, Omeruo initially joined ADO Den Haag on loan before heading to Middlesbrough last season.
On Sunday, Omeruo announced that he will return to Middlesbrough for the 2014/2015 season.
The Instagram picture above was tagged with the following message: “Holiday is finished. . Almost time for work again.. happy to be re joining boro for a new season.”
Reaction from Middlesbrough fans to the Instagram post seem generally positive, clearly Omeruo impressed during his loan spell last season.
Middlesbrough may be hoping for more Chelsea players on loan with coach Aitor Karanka having worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba asked why he always scores against Arsenal (video)July 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016
- Watch Ola Aina’s highlights for Chelsea v Liverpool (Video)July 28, 2016
- Alvaro Negredo scores classy goal on his Middlesbrough debut (Video)July 24, 2016
- Dortmund reveal why Neven Subotic’s Middlesbrough move fell through on TwitterJuly 20, 2016
- Neven Subotic’s shock move from Dortmund to Middlesbrough is off [Northern Echo]July 20, 2016
- Middlesbrough fans ecstatic as club set to close deals for numerous stars [Best Tweets]July 14, 2016