Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo confirms on Instagram he will return to Middlesbrough on loan
Despite signing for Chelsea in January 2012, Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo is still yet to play for the Blues.
To put it into perspective, Omeruo has already played 17 times for Nigeria and the 20-year-old was an ever-present for the African side during their four games at the World Cup.
On joining Chelsea, Omeruo initially joined ADO Den Haag on loan before heading to Middlesbrough last season.
On Sunday, Omeruo announced that he will return to Middlesbrough for the 2014/2015 season.
The Instagram picture above was tagged with the following message: “Holiday is finished. . Almost time for work again.. happy to be re joining boro for a new season.”
Reaction from Middlesbrough fans to the Instagram post seem generally positive, clearly Omeruo impressed during his loan spell last season.
Middlesbrough may be hoping for more Chelsea players on loan with coach Aitor Karanka having worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- David Luiz claims he’s ready to take over from Chelsea legend John TerryDecember 10, 2016
- Chelsea boss reveals damage caused by Sergio Aguero’s tackle on David LuizDecember 10, 2016
- Middlesbrough v Hull: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 4, 2016
- Chelsea & Middlesbrough stars picked in Gazzetta dello Sport’s European XI of the WeekNovember 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Gary Cahill: The league isn’t won today (video)November 20, 2016
- Chelsea fans go nuts for David Luiz after impressive display at Middlesbrough [Tweets]November 20, 2016