Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo confirms on Instagram he will return to Middlesbrough on loan
Despite signing for Chelsea in January 2012, Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo is still yet to play for the Blues.
To put it into perspective, Omeruo has already played 17 times for Nigeria and the 20-year-old was an ever-present for the African side during their four games at the World Cup.
On joining Chelsea, Omeruo initially joined ADO Den Haag on loan before heading to Middlesbrough last season.
On Sunday, Omeruo announced that he will return to Middlesbrough for the 2014/2015 season.
The Instagram picture above was tagged with the following message: “Holiday is finished. . Almost time for work again.. happy to be re joining boro for a new season.”
Reaction from Middlesbrough fans to the Instagram post seem generally positive, clearly Omeruo impressed during his loan spell last season.
Middlesbrough may be hoping for more Chelsea players on loan with coach Aitor Karanka having worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his Man United goal droughtOctober 22, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry challenges Liverpool old boy John Arne Riise to a bet [Instagram]October 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Chelsea v Man United: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 22, 2016
- Granit Xhaka & Hector Bellerin try to explain Arsenal 0 – Middlesbrough 0 on InstagramOctober 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans praise Petr Cech for brilliant saves in first half v Middlesbrough [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Calum Chambers uploads vague good luck post on InstagramOctober 22, 2016
- Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016