Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has been offered an £8m two-year deal to join Real Madrid in the summer [Sun]
- March 30, 2014
The race to land Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole has swung in Real Madrid’s favour if the Sun on Sunday is to be believed.
Britain’s biggest selling red-top announce that Ashley Cole has been offered an attractive deal to swap Stamford Bridge for the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
Cole’s current deal at Chelsea expires at the end of the season, meaning that the 33-year-old will become a free agent when the season closes.
Recent weeks have seen Liverpool and Arsenal linked with Cole, together with rumours that Chelsea may offer the defender a new deal, but now the Sun on Sunday say Real Madrid want the England full-back.
According to Antony Kastrinakis, a hack with a poor record of knowing what’s up, “Ashley Cole has been offered an £8million two-year deal to join Real Madrid in the summer. The Chelsea left-back is a free agent in the summer and Real boss Carlo Ancelotti is a big fan.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]