Chelsea captain John Terry may agree a deal to join Roberto Mancini’s Galatasaray in January [Sun]
With no football to report on as the international interlull gets very boring, the Sun may have resorted to making up a transfer lie on Wednesday.
The backpage of the red-top claims the Mr Chelsea, John Terry, may be about to quit Stamford Bridge for Turkey. The bold headline reads “Mancini in Terry swoop – Former City boss wants JT to agree a deal in Jan.”
Behind the headline Geoff Sweet filled in the blanks as follows:
John Terry is wanted by Roberto Mancini at Turkish giants Galatasaray. Former Manchester City boss Mancini is will to match the Chelsea skipper’s £150,000-a-week wages. The Turks believe Terry, whose Blues deal ends in the summer, could sign a pre-contract in January.
The Daily Mail’s Matt Barlow has also discussed the potential of Terry moving to Turkey, and he has poured some cold water onto the deal. Barlow penned:
Since the return of Jose Mourinho, 32-year-old Terry has been restored as the mainstay of Chelsea’s defence but the club have a policy of offering no more than a one-year contract extensions to any players over-30.
Both Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard signed one-year deals in the summer and will also be out of contract at the end of this season. The appeal of Galatasaray for Terry would be a long, lucrative deal, offering greater financial security… and the guarantee of Champions League football. It is hard to imagine, however, that he might turn his back on Mourinho if he was asked to stay.
A copy of the backpage of the the Sun can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Cesc Fabregas posts amusing comment on a Chelsea Instagram postSeptember 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans are talking about Thorgan Hazard [Tweets]September 29, 2016
- Conte only signed 1 player on his summer shopping list, 5 Chelsea stars set for the chop [Times]September 29, 2016
- Roman Abramovich keeps checking up on Antonio Conte at Chelsea training [Di Marzio]September 29, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016
- Galatasaray’s Eren Derdiyok goal of the season contender v Rizespor (Video)September 17, 2016
- Nigel de Jong leaves the LA Galaxy for Galatasaray. MLS post a salty video on social mediaSeptember 1, 2016
- Man United post best skills from 5-2 win over Galatasaray ft. Ibrahimovic & Depay (Video)August 2, 2016
- Antonio Conte says John Terry is out injured for Arsenal v Chelsea; Gives update on Kurt ZoumaSeptember 23, 2016
- Chelsea captain John Terry posts injury update (Instagram video)September 19, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry posts picture of ankle in strapping to Instagram StoriesSeptember 12, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry complains about a refereeing decision v Swansea [Instagram]September 12, 2016