Chelsea captain John Terry may agree a deal to join Roberto Mancini’s Galatasaray in January [Sun]
With no football to report on as the international interlull gets very boring, the Sun may have resorted to making up a transfer lie on Wednesday.
The backpage of the red-top claims the Mr Chelsea, John Terry, may be about to quit Stamford Bridge for Turkey. The bold headline reads “Mancini in Terry swoop – Former City boss wants JT to agree a deal in Jan.”
Behind the headline Geoff Sweet filled in the blanks as follows:
John Terry is wanted by Roberto Mancini at Turkish giants Galatasaray. Former Manchester City boss Mancini is will to match the Chelsea skipper’s £150,000-a-week wages. The Turks believe Terry, whose Blues deal ends in the summer, could sign a pre-contract in January.
The Daily Mail’s Matt Barlow has also discussed the potential of Terry moving to Turkey, and he has poured some cold water onto the deal. Barlow penned:
Since the return of Jose Mourinho, 32-year-old Terry has been restored as the mainstay of Chelsea’s defence but the club have a policy of offering no more than a one-year contract extensions to any players over-30.
Both Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard signed one-year deals in the summer and will also be out of contract at the end of this season. The appeal of Galatasaray for Terry would be a long, lucrative deal, offering greater financial security… and the guarantee of Champions League football. It is hard to imagine, however, that he might turn his back on Mourinho if he was asked to stay.
A copy of the backpage of the the Sun can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard can’t wait to play Mourinho’s Man United [SSN]May 28th, 2016
- Thibaut Courtois puts an end to Real Madrid rumours, insists he’s staying at Chelsea (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea chose the wrong day to bid their fans a Good Morning [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea fans turn on Jose Mourinho following his love-in at Man United [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Galatasaray and Fenerbahce look back on Graeme Souness flag incident 20 years later (Video)April 23rd, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski hits out at media reports he wants to leave Galatasaray [Tweets]March 21st, 2016
- Galatasaray v Fenerbahce called off due to a terror threatMarch 20th, 2016
- Kemal Bulut, father of Galatasaray’s Umut Bulut, was killed in the Ankara terror attackMarch 14th, 2016
- Chelsea captain John Terry zip wires while in Dubai [Instagram Video]May 24th, 2016
- John Terry’s new Chelsea deal involved a major pay cut [Sun & Mirror]May 19th, 2016
- John Terry talks through his first Premier League title at Chelsea (Video)May 18th, 2016
- John Terry thanks his wife Toni after signing a new Chelsea contract [Instagram]May 18th, 2016