- Man United boss Louis Van Gaal describes tired 2nd half as a “struggle for life” at Spurs [Video]
- Jose Mourinho rant! There is a diving campaign against Chelsea!
- Arsenal fans celebrate a good day, going joint 4th after 2-1 win at West Ham [Best Tweets]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas criticises ref after Southampton game – “He had a really bad game” [Video]
- Rafael and David De Gea post on Instagram after Man United’s 0-0 draw at Spurs
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho turns down taking over Brazil job for Russia 2018 World Cup [MARCA]
With Luiz Felipe Scolari a Dead Man Walking since last Tuesday’s historic debacle, losing 1-7 to Germany, the CBF are already right in the hunt for their next manager.
Indeed, no sooner had the final whistle been blown last Tuesday night than CBF President Jose Maria Marin started his search, and according to Marca, their first choice was Jose Mourinho.
The Madrid paper claim conversations were held between Mourinho’s agent Jorge Mendes and the CBF chiefs that very evening, with an offer made directly for Mourinho to take over the job, and lead Brazil to Russia 2018.
Effectively a 4-year offer, Marca claim Mourinho was ‘seduced’ by the offer, not least for the cultural understanding he has from having worked with so many Brazilian players, and the ease with which he would be able to overlap, taking charge of the likes of Willian, Ramires, Oscar and Filipe Luis.
Mourinho has turned down the job due to his commitment to Chelsea, but Marca claim he would be open to the idea in the future, and has by no means closed the door on taking over the Selecao at a later date.
- Updated: July 12, 2014