Chelsea boss Mourinho says Man City’s Dzeko should have won POTY, not Liverpool’s Suarez [Sunday Star]
- May 10, 2014
The Sunday Star have moved away from spouting nonsense transfer garbage this weekend to cook up a nonsense war of words between Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
The backpage of the tabloid shouts “LU-SERS! – Mour: It’s wrong that Suarez is Footballer of the Year”.
Harry Fryatt supplements the headline with the following ramble:
Jose Mourinho last night put the boot into Liverpool’s double Player of the Year Luis Surez, blasting:”He wouldn’t get my vote!”
The Special One said the award should instead go to a champion like Anfield skipper Steven Gerrard or Edin Dzeko, saying of the Man City hitman, who has 16 goals this term: “He is fair. He doesn’t dive or try to get opponents sent to the stands.”
Pointing out the obvious, the inference is the Jose Mourinho is calling Luis Suarez a cheat.
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa once killed his pet Yorkshire Terrier by accidentally runni...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Diego Costa’s first words to John Terry after joining Chelsea were “I go to...
- Diego Costa reveals how Chelsea urged him to reject Liverpool in 2013
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba got an unbelievable fan reception at Montreal airport (Fan...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi