Chelsea boss Mourinho says Man City’s Dzeko should have won POTY, not Liverpool’s Suarez [Sunday Star]
- May 10, 2014
The Sunday Star have moved away from spouting nonsense transfer garbage this weekend to cook up a nonsense war of words between Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
The backpage of the tabloid shouts “LU-SERS! – Mour: It’s wrong that Suarez is Footballer of the Year”.
Harry Fryatt supplements the headline with the following ramble:
Jose Mourinho last night put the boot into Liverpool’s double Player of the Year Luis Surez, blasting:”He wouldn’t get my vote!”
The Special One said the award should instead go to a champion like Anfield skipper Steven Gerrard or Edin Dzeko, saying of the Man City hitman, who has 16 goals this term: “He is fair. He doesn’t dive or try to get opponents sent to the stands.”
Pointing out the obvious, the inference is the Jose Mourinho is calling Luis Suarez a cheat.
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...