- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukaemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho’s presser: All about Thibault Courtois v Petr Cech [Video]
The press are becoming a bit obsessive with the Chelsea goalkeeping situation.
With Thibaut Courtois coming back to his parent club this summer after 3 years out on loan at Atletico, the Number 1 spot - owned by Petr Cech for a decade – is now up for grabs.
Mourinho has favoured Courtois in pre-season, though he’s kept tight-lipped about who will start between the nets when the real business starts, on Monday against Burnley.
The fascination around the subject meant that Mourinho’s pre-Burnley presser becamse a glorified debate on Courtois v Cech.
Will Courtois be disappointed to be left out? And vice versa?
Will Cech be happy to start? And vice versa.
Mourinho says it’s a unique situation in European football to have two top keepers at a club, which could be seen as a little dig at old foe Iker Casillas, if you were being churlish…
Whatever the case may be, all eyes will be on Chelsea’s team sheet, and in particular the number 1 spot, at around 6.30pm on Monday night.
- Updated: August 15, 2014