- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho’s presser: All about Thibault Courtois v Petr Cech [Video]
The press are becoming a bit obsessive with the Chelsea goalkeeping situation.
With Thibaut Courtois coming back to his parent club this summer after 3 years out on loan at Atletico, the Number 1 spot - owned by Petr Cech for a decade – is now up for grabs.
Mourinho has favoured Courtois in pre-season, though he’s kept tight-lipped about who will start between the nets when the real business starts, on Monday against Burnley.
The fascination around the subject meant that Mourinho’s pre-Burnley presser becamse a glorified debate on Courtois v Cech.
Will Courtois be disappointed to be left out? And vice versa?
Will Cech be happy to start? And vice versa.
Mourinho says it’s a unique situation in European football to have two top keepers at a club, which could be seen as a little dig at old foe Iker Casillas, if you were being churlish…
Whatever the case may be, all eyes will be on Chelsea’s team sheet, and in particular the number 1 spot, at around 6.30pm on Monday night.
- Updated: August 15, 2014