Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho’s presser: All about Thibault Courtois v Petr Cech [Video]
- August 15, 2014
The press are becoming a bit obsessive with the Chelsea goalkeeping situation.
With Thibaut Courtois coming back to his parent club this summer after 3 years out on loan at Atletico, the Number 1 spot – owned by Petr Cech for a decade – is now up for grabs.
Mourinho has favoured Courtois in pre-season, though he’s kept tight-lipped about who will start between the nets when the real business starts, on Monday against Burnley.
The fascination around the subject meant that Mourinho’s pre-Burnley presser becamse a glorified debate on Courtois v Cech.
Will Courtois be disappointed to be left out? And vice versa?
Will Cech be happy to start? And vice versa.
Mourinho says it’s a unique situation in European football to have two top keepers at a club, which could be seen as a little dig at old foe Iker Casillas, if you were being churlish…
Whatever the case may be, all eyes will be on Chelsea’s team sheet, and in particular the number 1 spot, at around 6.30pm on Monday night.
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi