Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho “was too late” in bid for Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil [José Luis Sánchez]
- September 26, 2013
There has been a lot of speculation about Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal and the latest suggestion comes from José Luis Sánchez on Spanish sports show Jugones.
Ever since Ozil arrived at Arsenal, there have been suggestions that the German playmaker was offered to Manchester United and that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy attempted to stop the move late on.
Now José Luis Sánchez has voiced the claim that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho made an attempt to sign Ozil in the final hours of the transfer window.
Mourinho has publicly hailed Ozil as “the best number 10 in the world” and despite the plethora of attacking midfielders at Chelsea, was keen to sign a player he worked with at Real Madrid.
Sanchez said on Jugones: “Mourinho wanted to sign Mesut Ozil, but arrived late because the offer had been accepted [from] Arsenal for Real Madrid,”
He also said that Mourinho made moves for Sami Khedira (who Real Madrid refused to sell) and Fabio Coentrao (“negotiations did not bear fruit”).
- Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini is talking to Bastia about a move [Eurosport]
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi