Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho “was too late” in bid for Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil [José Luis Sánchez]
There has been a lot of speculation about Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal and the latest suggestion comes from José Luis Sánchez on Spanish sports show Jugones.
Ever since Ozil arrived at Arsenal, there have been suggestions that the German playmaker was offered to Manchester United and that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy attempted to stop the move late on.
Now José Luis Sánchez has voiced the claim that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho made an attempt to sign Ozil in the final hours of the transfer window.
Mourinho has publicly hailed Ozil as “the best number 10 in the world” and despite the plethora of attacking midfielders at Chelsea, was keen to sign a player he worked with at Real Madrid.
Sanchez said on Jugones: “Mourinho wanted to sign Mesut Ozil, but arrived late because the offer had been accepted [from] Arsenal for Real Madrid,”
He also said that Mourinho made moves for Sami Khedira (who Real Madrid refused to sell) and Fabio Coentrao (“negotiations did not bear fruit”).
- Steven Gerrard’s slip is the latest clip to get the Thierry Henry reaction (video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is now the top assist-maker in Spanish history (Video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hit with 6-month driving ban [Mirror]
- Diego Costa admits he returned to Chelsea pre-season overweight, defends Jose Mourinho
- Mesut Ozil: Arsenal can beat Bayern & also win the Premier League this season [BILD]
- Ex Spurs boss Harry Redknapp blasts Mesut Ozil’s recent Arsenal performances as &...
- Arsenal fan slams Theo Walcott & Mesut Ozil after 3-2 defeat; Wants manager sacked...
- Fans queue up to laud Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez after Arsenal put five past Leic...