Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho set to give Courtois the nod, Cech may consider move [Daily Mail]
- August 16, 2014
Despite the fact that Jose Mourinho refused to confirm who will be his Number 1 keeper for the league opener at his press conference yesterday, the Daily Mail claim to be privy to insider knowledge, and claim with conviction that Thibaut Courtois will start on Monday against Burnley.
That being said, it doesn’t take a massive gamble to predict that Mourinho will give Courtois the Number 1 shirt on Monday: the Belgian’s started most pre-season games, and he only came back to Chelsea on condition that he’d be guaranteed number 1.
The Mail are adamant about it in any case, and claim that this will now throw Cech’s future into doubt, claiming the Czech keeper may consider a move away, with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Monaco and Real Madrid all understood to be interested.
One game on the bench will hardly provoke such a reaction from Cech though, will it? Who’s to say Mourinho won’t rotate the keepers for the first few games?
- Chelsea 2 – Barcelona 2: Hazard & Cahill find the target before Blues win a ...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s spending in light of comments from Chelsea’...
- Arsene Wenger: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard isn’t on the level of the top players ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi