Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho criticises Eden Hazard, blaming him for first Atletico goal & not giving 100% [Video]
- May 2, 2014
Eden Hazard was not in Jose Mourinho’s good books after Chelsea’s Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.
Hazard was quoted after the game saying “Chelsea aren’t set up to play football” and was certainly at fault for two of Atletico Madrid’s three goals.
In his Friday press conference, Mourinho said the comments were taken out of context but did hit out at Eden Hazard for his performance.
Mourinho said ‘Eden is the kind of player who is not so mentally ready to look back at his left-back and lives his life for him.
‘If you see Atletico’s first goal, you understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal.
‘When the comments come from a player like Eden, it’s normal. He’s not the kind of player ready to sacrifice himself 100 per cent for the team and his mates.
‘I’m not happy (a player doesn’t sacrifice himself), and I’ve spoken all season and I’ve tried to improve him.’
- “Dream come true” – New signing Papy Djilobodji celebrates move to Ch...
- Chelsea sign Michael Hector from Reading on five-year deal, loan him back immediately
- Chelsea fail with two bids for PSG defender Marquinhos [Best Tweets]
- Papy Djilobodji comments after completing move to Chelsea [Official]
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Chelsea closing in on the signing of Reading centre back Michael Hector [Sky Sports]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...