Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho criticises Eden Hazard, blaming him for first Atletico goal & not giving 100% [Video]
- May 2, 2014
Eden Hazard was not in Jose Mourinho’s good books after Chelsea’s Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.
Hazard was quoted after the game saying “Chelsea aren’t set up to play football” and was certainly at fault for two of Atletico Madrid’s three goals.
In his Friday press conference, Mourinho said the comments were taken out of context but did hit out at Eden Hazard for his performance.
Mourinho said ‘Eden is the kind of player who is not so mentally ready to look back at his left-back and lives his life for him.
‘If you see Atletico’s first goal, you understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal.
‘When the comments come from a player like Eden, it’s normal. He’s not the kind of player ready to sacrifice himself 100 per cent for the team and his mates.
‘I’m not happy (a player doesn’t sacrifice himself), and I’ve spoken all season and I’ve tried to improve him.’
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s spending in light of comments from Chelsea’...
- Arsene Wenger: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard isn’t on the level of the top players ...
- Guardian provide 15/16 season preview for Chelsea – How can they improve? (Video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Rafa Benitez’s wife trolls Jose Mourinho, says her husband cleans up his “m...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi