Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho confirms that Thibaut Courtois will return from Atletico Madrid next season [BBC]
- June 15, 2014
So that’s the end of the imbroglio:
Thibaut Courtois will return to his parent club Chelsea next season, after 2 seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid.
BBC Sport report that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed that the Belgian will return to Stamford Bridge for 2014/15.
Though he signed in 2011, Courtois is yet to actually play for Chelsea, so this is a new situation for the Belgian, and one he’ll be relishing after proving himself so abundantly at Atletico.
It’s an interesting and unexpected confirmation from Mourinho – just a couple of days ago, Courtois was still expressing doubt about his future – did the Belgian have his final say here?
This raises the immediate question of what will happen with Petr Cech – will the Czech stalwart be relegated to Number 2, or will they both start out on an even keel in July?
Mourinho: "When the World Cup is over, Courtois will be coming straight back to Stamford Bridge. End of story." pic.twitter.com/Vc5OoAtn4O
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) June 15, 2014
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld arrives in London to complete move to Totten...
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Man United target Nico Gaitan will have his Benfica future decided this week, club expe...
- Toby Alderweireld to undergo Spurs medical on Monday [HLN]
- Southampton threaten to sue if Toby Alderweireld is sold to Tottenham [Sky Sports]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi