- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo doing keepy-uppies in Madrid dressed as a homeless guy [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers defends Mario Balotelli & says his Liverpool career isn’t over [Video]
- PSG star Zlatan Ibrahimovic trolls St. Etienne player during 1-0 win [GIF]
- Aston Villa 2 – Bournemouth 1: Carles Gil scores a wondergoal at Villa Park
Chelsea & Arsenal target Mario Mandzukic clears out his Bayern Munich locker [Bild]
Mario Mandzukic’s days at Bayern Munich seem to be over.
The headline story in Bild on Monday centres on the future of Mandzukic, after the Croatian international striker was dropped from Bayern Munich’s squad for the German Cup final last Saturday.
Bayern beat Borussia Dortmund 2-0 to claim the domestic double.
Rumours having been circulating ever since it was announced as to why Mandzukic was dropped, while last week was named as a possible part of a deal with Chelsea to bring David Luiz to the Allainz Arena. Arsenal have also been linked to the 27-year-old forward.
Pep Guardiola only told reporters “It was my decision. I thought about other players,” however Bild today quote Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge saying:
Today I cannot say how it’ll end. He has a contract and if he wants to leave then himself or his agent needs to say.
Bild report that Mario Mandzukic has cleared out his locker, and that leaves the door wide open for a move to Chelsea or the Gunners.
- Updated: May 19, 2014