Chelsea & Arsenal target Mario Mandzukic clears out his Bayern Munich locker [Bild]
- May 19, 2014
Mario Mandzukic’s days at Bayern Munich seem to be over.
The headline story in Bild on Monday centres on the future of Mandzukic, after the Croatian international striker was dropped from Bayern Munich’s squad for the German Cup final last Saturday.
Bayern beat Borussia Dortmund 2-0 to claim the domestic double.
Rumours having been circulating ever since it was announced as to why Mandzukic was dropped, while last week was named as a possible part of a deal with Chelsea to bring David Luiz to the Allainz Arena. Arsenal have also been linked to the 27-year-old forward.
Pep Guardiola only told reporters “It was my decision. I thought about other players,” however Bild today quote Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge saying:
Today I cannot say how it’ll end. He has a contract and if he wants to leave then himself or his agent needs to say.
Bild report that Mario Mandzukic has cleared out his locker, and that leaves the door wide open for a move to Chelsea or the Gunners.
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi