- Crazy Stat: Robin van Persie only had 12 touches v Arsenal, and 3 of them were from corners he took!
- SKILLS! Ajax’s Ricardo Kishna pulls off a showboat nutmeg v Heerenveen [GIF & Vine]
- Jack Wilshere to sign new £150,000 a week deal to stay at Arsenal until 2020 [Sunday People]
- Epic Video: All of Lionel Messi’s record breaking 253 goals for Barcelona in La Liga
- Jose Mourinho: Our football v West Brom “was in another dimension”
Chelsea are actually paying Barcelona more for Cesc Fabregas than was first thought
Almost a month after Chelsea officially announced the capture of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo have revealed that the cost of the deal is more than was originally reported.
At the time of the deal, June 12th, Chelsea were said to have paid £26.3m to land the former Arsenal captain, but that figure has now been revised.
According to the Spanish newspaper Cesc could end up costing Chelsea an extra £2.3m million with add-ons. That raises the total cost of the deal to £28.6m, or around €33m.
MD report that an additional payment is due from Chelsea based on the amount of games Fabregas takes part in at Stamford Bridge, and without revealing the magic number, Mundo Deportivo are confident that the target will easily be reached.
Fabregas rejoined Barcelona in 2011 and played 151 appearances in all competitions scoring 42 goals and making 48 assists.
- Updated: July 10, 2014