Chelsea are actually paying Barcelona more for Cesc Fabregas than was first thought
- July 10, 2014
Almost a month after Chelsea officially announced the capture of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo have revealed that the cost of the deal is more than was originally reported.
At the time of the deal, June 12th, Chelsea were said to have paid £26.3m to land the former Arsenal captain, but that figure has now been revised.
According to the Spanish newspaper Cesc could end up costing Chelsea an extra £2.3m million with add-ons. That raises the total cost of the deal to £28.6m, or around €33m.
MD report that an additional payment is due from Chelsea based on the amount of games Fabregas takes part in at Stamford Bridge, and without revealing the magic number, Mundo Deportivo are confident that the target will easily be reached.
Fabregas rejoined Barcelona in 2011 and played 151 appearances in all competitions scoring 42 goals and making 48 assists.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...