Chelsea are actually paying Barcelona more for Cesc Fabregas than was first thought
Almost a month after Chelsea officially announced the capture of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo have revealed that the cost of the deal is more than was originally reported.
At the time of the deal, June 12th, Chelsea were said to have paid £26.3m to land the former Arsenal captain, but that figure has now been revised.
According to the Spanish newspaper Cesc could end up costing Chelsea an extra £2.3m million with add-ons. That raises the total cost of the deal to £28.6m, or around €33m.
MD report that an additional payment is due from Chelsea based on the amount of games Fabregas takes part in at Stamford Bridge, and without revealing the magic number, Mundo Deportivo are confident that the target will easily be reached.
Fabregas rejoined Barcelona in 2011 and played 151 appearances in all competitions scoring 42 goals and making 48 assists.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1: Sergio Ramos scores late in El Clasico (Official highlights)December 4, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal apologises for swearing at Barcelona fansDecember 3, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Pilar Rubio celebrates Sergio Ramos goal for Real Madrid at Barcelona on InstagramDecember 3, 2016
- Will he be banned? Everyone saw Cesc Fabregas slap Fernandinho [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- Fan cam footage of Fernandinho pushing Cesc Fabregas over an ad hoarding (Video)December 3, 2016
- Pep Guardiola seriously snubbed Cesc Fabregas after Man City 1 – Chelsea 3 (video)December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas drops Kenedy news on InstagramDecember 1, 2016
- Samuel Eto’o insinuates that Eden Hazard used to be lazy & criticises Man United’s boss [Telefoot]December 4, 2016
- Trevor Sinclair links Man City-Chelsea brawl with Chapecoense tragedy [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- MOTD: Anthony Taylor bottled sending off David Luiz during Man City 1 – Chelsea 3December 4, 2016
- Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure to sit down & not warm up v Chelsea (Video)December 4, 2016