Chelsea are actually paying Barcelona more for Cesc Fabregas than was first thought
Almost a month after Chelsea officially announced the capture of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo have revealed that the cost of the deal is more than was originally reported.
At the time of the deal, June 12th, Chelsea were said to have paid £26.3m to land the former Arsenal captain, but that figure has now been revised.
According to the Spanish newspaper Cesc could end up costing Chelsea an extra £2.3m million with add-ons. That raises the total cost of the deal to £28.6m, or around €33m.
MD report that an additional payment is due from Chelsea based on the amount of games Fabregas takes part in at Stamford Bridge, and without revealing the magic number, Mundo Deportivo are confident that the target will easily be reached.
Fabregas rejoined Barcelona in 2011 and played 151 appearances in all competitions scoring 42 goals and making 48 assists.
Watch Live Stream
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Valencia (Official video)October 22, 2016
- Leo Messi’s goal scoring numbers continue to defy belief: All the best statsOctober 22, 2016
- Leo Messi reacted angrily to the Valencia fans after late penalty winner (video)October 22, 2016
- Andres Iniesta suffers a horror injury for Barcelona at Valencia (Video)October 22, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc announces a new member of the Fabregas family on InstagramOctober 16, 2016
- Juventus want Cesc Fabregas as makeweight in record deal to sell Bonucci to Chelsea [Sun]October 8, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his Man United goal droughtOctober 22, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry challenges Liverpool old boy John Arne Riise to a bet [Instagram]October 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Chelsea v Man United: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 22, 2016