Chelsea are actually paying Barcelona more for Cesc Fabregas than was first thought
Almost a month after Chelsea officially announced the capture of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo have revealed that the cost of the deal is more than was originally reported.
At the time of the deal, June 12th, Chelsea were said to have paid £26.3m to land the former Arsenal captain, but that figure has now been revised.
According to the Spanish newspaper Cesc could end up costing Chelsea an extra £2.3m million with add-ons. That raises the total cost of the deal to £28.6m, or around €33m.
MD report that an additional payment is due from Chelsea based on the amount of games Fabregas takes part in at Stamford Bridge, and without revealing the magic number, Mundo Deportivo are confident that the target will easily be reached.
Fabregas rejoined Barcelona in 2011 and played 151 appearances in all competitions scoring 42 goals and making 48 assists.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016
- Antonio Conte has made it clear Cesc Fabregas can leave Chelsea [El Confidencial]August 28, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas benched again: Watford v Chelsea [Team Sheets]August 20, 2016
- Rumour: Antonio Conte drops Cesc Fabregas for Chelsea v West HamAugust 15, 2016
- More claims Chelsea could sell Cesc Fabregas appear in the Italian pressAugust 14, 2016
- Chelsea set to sign Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso [Marca]August 28, 2016
- Frank Lampard talks about returning to Chelsea (Video)August 28, 2016
- There’s a good chance Schalke will sign Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma on loan [Di Marzio]August 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham continues his goalscoring purple patch v Aston Villa (Official video)August 28, 2016