Chelsea and Atletico Madrid negotiating deal for Fernando Torres; Miranda also mentioned
- July 21, 2014
Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are negotiating the transfer of Fernando Torres back to Spain, according to the Spanish edition of Eurosport.
A deal is in place but it appears that the only issue regarding the completion is the price. Chelsea are asking for £13 million for the striker but Atletico are keen to reduce this mooted price.
Torres has flopped at Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in January 2011, scoring just 45 goals in 172 appearances. Not the return you would expect for a £50 million fee.
Chelsea fans will not mourn his departure but Atletico fans will welcome home a former hero with open arms.
Atletico have already sold Diego Costa and Filipe Luis to Chelsea, as well as watching Thibaut Courtois return to The Blues after a long-term loan in Madrid. But they may see more players head to London as Chelsea are trying to pry Miranda away from the La Liga champions.
It’s said that Atletico would be willing to sell provided they were fairly compensated for one of the best defenders in Europe.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...