Chelsea and Atletico Madrid negotiating deal for Fernando Torres; Miranda also mentioned
- July 21, 2014
Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are negotiating the transfer of Fernando Torres back to Spain, according to the Spanish edition of Eurosport.
A deal is in place but it appears that the only issue regarding the completion is the price. Chelsea are asking for £13 million for the striker but Atletico are keen to reduce this mooted price.
Torres has flopped at Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in January 2011, scoring just 45 goals in 172 appearances. Not the return you would expect for a £50 million fee.
Chelsea fans will not mourn his departure but Atletico fans will welcome home a former hero with open arms.
Atletico have already sold Diego Costa and Filipe Luis to Chelsea, as well as watching Thibaut Courtois return to The Blues after a long-term loan in Madrid. But they may see more players head to London as Chelsea are trying to pry Miranda away from the La Liga champions.
It’s said that Atletico would be willing to sell provided they were fairly compensated for one of the best defenders in Europe.
- Diego Costa’s time up at Chelsea? Blues consider moves for Robin van Persie & a Spurs ...
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Fernando Torres on winning Atletico Madrid’s POTM award for September (Video)
- Fernando Torres bags a goal & assist as Atletico Madrid win 2-0 at Eibar (official highlights)
- Torres looks like who? 18 Footballers who look like Movie Stars (Video)
- Shanghai SIPG 0 – Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann (2) and Fernando Torres score (Video)