Chelsea and Atletico Madrid negotiating deal for Fernando Torres; Miranda also mentioned
- July 21, 2014
Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are negotiating the transfer of Fernando Torres back to Spain, according to the Spanish edition of Eurosport.
A deal is in place but it appears that the only issue regarding the completion is the price. Chelsea are asking for £13 million for the striker but Atletico are keen to reduce this mooted price.
Torres has flopped at Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in January 2011, scoring just 45 goals in 172 appearances. Not the return you would expect for a £50 million fee.
Chelsea fans will not mourn his departure but Atletico fans will welcome home a former hero with open arms.
Atletico have already sold Diego Costa and Filipe Luis to Chelsea, as well as watching Thibaut Courtois return to The Blues after a long-term loan in Madrid. But they may see more players head to London as Chelsea are trying to pry Miranda away from the La Liga champions.
It’s said that Atletico would be willing to sell provided they were fairly compensated for one of the best defenders in Europe.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...