Chelsea and Atletico Madrid negotiating deal for Fernando Torres; Miranda also mentioned
- July 21, 2014
Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are negotiating the transfer of Fernando Torres back to Spain, according to the Spanish edition of Eurosport.
A deal is in place but it appears that the only issue regarding the completion is the price. Chelsea are asking for £13 million for the striker but Atletico are keen to reduce this mooted price.
Torres has flopped at Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in January 2011, scoring just 45 goals in 172 appearances. Not the return you would expect for a £50 million fee.
Chelsea fans will not mourn his departure but Atletico fans will welcome home a former hero with open arms.
Atletico have already sold Diego Costa and Filipe Luis to Chelsea, as well as watching Thibaut Courtois return to The Blues after a long-term loan in Madrid. But they may see more players head to London as Chelsea are trying to pry Miranda away from the La Liga champions.
It’s said that Atletico would be willing to sell provided they were fairly compensated for one of the best defenders in Europe.
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Sevilla announce agreement to sign Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Atletico Madrid legend Miranda reflects on his time at the club before Inter move [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi