Chelsea aim to beat Spurs to the signature of Diego Costa by offering Everton’s Romelu Lukaku to Atleti [Mail on Sunday]
- February 23, 2014
The top story on the Daily Mail’s website on Sunday is a transfer rumour involving four clubs: Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton and Atletico Madrid.
According to author Rob Shepherd, Chelsea expect to land highly-prized Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer. Chelsea aim to land the Brazilian-Spaniard from under the noses of Tottenham.
In a short article with no supporting quotes, the Daily Mail bark:
[Tottenham’s] club chairman Daniel Levy and Technical Director Franco Baldini have realised the error of not signing a top striker in the wake of Gareth Bale’s departure. Costa – who is valued in the £40 million bracket – has now been targeted.
But he has been on Chelsea’s radar for some time and Jose Mourinho will offer cash plus Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan to Everton, to secure him if the Blues can’t prise Radamel Falcao from Monaco. But if Chelsea do secure prime target Falcao, then Costa could sign for Spurs.
For the record, Diego Costa has scored 5 goals in 4 Champions League appearances this season while also scoring 21 goals in La Liga this campaign.
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- The ‘Chinese Sergio Ramos’ tells Reuters he’s joining Chelsea (so is ...
- Chelsea thwarted again: Everton reject John Stones’ transfer request
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...