- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Chelsea aim to beat Spurs to the signature of Diego Costa by offering Everton’s Romelu Lukaku to Atleti [Mail on Sunday]
The top story on the Daily Mail’s website on Sunday is a transfer rumour involving four clubs: Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton and Atletico Madrid.
According to author Rob Shepherd, Chelsea expect to land highly-prized Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer. Chelsea aim to land the Brazilian-Spaniard from under the noses of Tottenham.
In a short article with no supporting quotes, the Daily Mail bark:
[Tottenham's] club chairman Daniel Levy and Technical Director Franco Baldini have realised the error of not signing a top striker in the wake of Gareth Bale’s departure. Costa – who is valued in the £40 million bracket – has now been targeted.
But he has been on Chelsea’s radar for some time and Jose Mourinho will offer cash plus Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan to Everton, to secure him if the Blues can’t prise Radamel Falcao from Monaco. But if Chelsea do secure prime target Falcao, then Costa could sign for Spurs.
For the record, Diego Costa has scored 5 goals in 4 Champions League appearances this season while also scoring 21 goals in La Liga this campaign.
- Updated: February 23, 2014