Chelsea aim to beat Spurs to the signature of Diego Costa by offering Everton’s Romelu Lukaku to Atleti [Mail on Sunday]
- February 23, 2014
The top story on the Daily Mail’s website on Sunday is a transfer rumour involving four clubs: Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton and Atletico Madrid.
According to author Rob Shepherd, Chelsea expect to land highly-prized Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer. Chelsea aim to land the Brazilian-Spaniard from under the noses of Tottenham.
In a short article with no supporting quotes, the Daily Mail bark:
[Tottenham’s] club chairman Daniel Levy and Technical Director Franco Baldini have realised the error of not signing a top striker in the wake of Gareth Bale’s departure. Costa – who is valued in the £40 million bracket – has now been targeted.
But he has been on Chelsea’s radar for some time and Jose Mourinho will offer cash plus Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan to Everton, to secure him if the Blues can’t prise Radamel Falcao from Monaco. But if Chelsea do secure prime target Falcao, then Costa could sign for Spurs.
For the record, Diego Costa has scored 5 goals in 4 Champions League appearances this season while also scoring 21 goals in La Liga this campaign.
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s spending in light of comments from Chelsea’...
- Arsene Wenger: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard isn’t on the level of the top players ...
- Guardian provide 15/16 season preview for Chelsea – How can they improve? (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi