Charlie Adam scores a worldy to see Stoke past Man United, helping Liverpool in chase for 4th
- February 1, 2014
Charlie Adam is the toast of Liverpool tonight.
The former Liverpool midfielder, who of course scored against the Merseyside giants just a few weeks ago, claimed a brace against Manchester United on Saturday.
Stoke secured a big 2-1 win over the Premier League champions and it was sealed by a beauty from Adam who smacked in a cracking second just a couple of minutes after Manchester United had equalised.
This result means Liverpool have a six point lead over Manchester United with the two giants of English football looking the most likely to secure the fourth and final Champions League spot.
Liverpool head to West Brom tomorrow knowing they can gain further ground on Everton and Spurs, the former who they beat in midweek and the latter who have picked up 1 point from a possible 6.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]