Charlie Adam scores a worldy to see Stoke past Man United, helping Liverpool in chase for 4th
Charlie Adam is the toast of Liverpool tonight.
The former Liverpool midfielder, who of course scored against the Merseyside giants just a few weeks ago, claimed a brace against Manchester United on Saturday.
Stoke secured a big 2-1 win over the Premier League champions and it was sealed by a beauty from Adam who smacked in a cracking second just a couple of minutes after Manchester United had equalised.
This result means Liverpool have a six point lead over Manchester United with the two giants of English football looking the most likely to secure the fourth and final Champions League spot.
Liverpool head to West Brom tomorrow knowing they can gain further ground on Everton and Spurs, the former who they beat in midweek and the latter who have picked up 1 point from a possible 6.
Watch Live Stream
- Riyad Mahrez tries to score Charlie Adam’s 65-yard golazo for Stoke v Chelsea (Video)August 4, 2016
- Charlie Adam may have just cost Stoke teammate Xherdan Shaqiri the Goal of the Season awardJanuary 1, 2016
- Charlie Austin can earn his mates £8000 if the QPR striker scores for England after a 50/1 betMay 21, 2015
- Michael Owen rants about Charlie Adam’s overrated long range goal versus Chelsea [Video]April 11, 2015
- Jurgen Klopp trolls Geoff Shreeves after Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Video)August 27, 2016
- James Milner penalty cancelled out by Rose equaliser: Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Coutinho Starts: Tottenham v Liverpool [Team Sheets]August 27, 2016
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016
- Man United fans will love Marcus Rashford’s interview after late winner at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Marouane Fellaini hailed as a hero after Man United’s late win at HullAugust 27, 2016
- Scenes: This is how Man United celebrated late win at Hull (Videos)August 27, 2016