Charlie Adam scores a worldy to see Stoke past Man United, helping Liverpool in chase for 4th
Charlie Adam is the toast of Liverpool tonight.
The former Liverpool midfielder, who of course scored against the Merseyside giants just a few weeks ago, claimed a brace against Manchester United on Saturday.
Stoke secured a big 2-1 win over the Premier League champions and it was sealed by a beauty from Adam who smacked in a cracking second just a couple of minutes after Manchester United had equalised.
This result means Liverpool have a six point lead over Manchester United with the two giants of English football looking the most likely to secure the fourth and final Champions League spot.
Liverpool head to West Brom tomorrow knowing they can gain further ground on Everton and Spurs, the former who they beat in midweek and the latter who have picked up 1 point from a possible 6.
Watch Live Stream
- Charlie Adam expresses disappointment on his Scotland squad exclusion (Video)November 9, 2016
- Charlie Adam tops the Potters FPL league thanks to Chelsea & Liverpool stars (Video)November 8, 2016
- Riyad Mahrez tries to score Charlie Adam’s 65-yard golazo for Stoke v Chelsea (Video)August 4, 2016
- Charlie Adam may have just cost Stoke teammate Xherdan Shaqiri the Goal of the Season awardJanuary 1, 2016
- Bournemouth v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016
- Dutch wonderkid Millen Baars confirms he has signed for Manchester UnitedDecember 4, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016