Champions League pots revealed: Chelsea & Arsenal* in pot 1, Man City pot 2, Liverpool pot 3
Ahead of Wednesday night’s final rounds of matches of qualifying in the Champions League, the pots for this season’s draw are almost decided.
Chelsea, Liverpool, and Premier League champions Man City are already confirmed in the draw, while Arsenal will become England’s fourth representative if they can get past Besiktas at the Emirates.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
Having not featured since 2009, Liverpool make their return to the esteemed competition after coming second last year, and will be placed in tricky pot 3.
Manchester City will be hoping that their chances of reaching the knock out phase of the competition will be increased after the Citizens will be drawn out of pot 2.
Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea will avoid many of Europe’s big boys as they are drawn from pot 1, and the Gunners will also go into pot 1 should they beat the Turks.
The full outline of the Champions League pots can be seen below.
*Subject to change, depending on the qualifying rounds.
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016