Celtic steamroll KR Reykjavik in 4-0 rout & progress to Champions League 3rd qualifying round
- July 23, 2014
Celtic booked their place in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round tonight after easily defeating Icelandic opponents KR Reykjavik 4-0 at Murrayfield.
The Scottish champions laboured to a win in the first leg, striking late to take a slender lead back home but tonight was a much more straightforward task.
Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk opening the scoring in the 13th minute before heading a second for Celtic just seven minutes later.
The home side went in at the break three goals to the good after Teemu Pukki bagged a third goal; KR Reykjavik were probably lucky to only concede once more in the second half as Celtic played with brilliant impetus at times. Pukki grabbed the solitary second half strike to give his team a 5-0 aggregate win.
Celtic will face the winner of the tie between Irish champions St. Pat’s and Polish champions Legia Warsaw; the second leg of which will take place in Dublin on Wednesday night.
- Celtic legends John Hartson and Chris Sutton slam club after CL playoff exit (video)
- Malmo v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League play-off 2nd leg
- Malmö fans troll Celtic with funny twist on Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick In ...
- Fail: Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths loses a fight with an advertising hoarding (Video)
- Celtic’s Virgil Van Dijk’s pulled off a brilliant nutmeg v Partick Thistle...
- Kilmarnock v Celtic
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...