Celtic steamroll KR Reykjavik in 4-0 rout & progress to Champions League 3rd qualifying round
- July 23, 2014
Celtic booked their place in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round tonight after easily defeating Icelandic opponents KR Reykjavik 4-0 at Murrayfield.
The Scottish champions laboured to a win in the first leg, striking late to take a slender lead back home but tonight was a much more straightforward task.
Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk opening the scoring in the 13th minute before heading a second for Celtic just seven minutes later.
The home side went in at the break three goals to the good after Teemu Pukki bagged a third goal; KR Reykjavik were probably lucky to only concede once more in the second half as Celtic played with brilliant impetus at times. Pukki grabbed the solitary second half strike to give his team a 5-0 aggregate win.
Celtic will face the winner of the tie between Irish champions St. Pat’s and Polish champions Legia Warsaw; the second leg of which will take place in Dublin on Wednesday night.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]