- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
- David Moyes was spotted chatting to Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre at Turf Moor
Celtic steamroll KR Reykjavik in 4-0 rout & progress to Champions League 3rd qualifying round
Celtic booked their place in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round tonight after easily defeating Icelandic opponents KR Reykjavik 4-0 at Murrayfield.
The Scottish champions laboured to a win in the first leg, striking late to take a slender lead back home but tonight was a much more straightforward task.
Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk opening the scoring in the 13th minute before heading a second for Celtic just seven minutes later.
The home side went in at the break three goals to the good after Teemu Pukki bagged a third goal; KR Reykjavik were probably lucky to only concede once more in the second half as Celtic played with brilliant impetus at times. Pukki grabbed the solitary second half strike to give his team a 5-0 aggregate win.
Celtic will face the winner of the tie between Irish champions St. Pat’s and Polish champions Legia Warsaw; the second leg of which will take place in Dublin on Wednesday night.
- Updated: July 23, 2014