Celtic boss Ronny Deila after surprise UEFA ruling: ‘I feel very sorry for Legia Warsaw’ [Video]
- August 9, 2014
Celtic boss Ronny Deila looks just about as perplexed as everyone else at the news that UEFA have disqualified Legia Warsaw from the Champions League, and hence reinstated his Glasgow side.
The ruling means Celtic have been given a ‘last chance saloon’ option on the Champions League, with a final play-off against Slovenian champions Maribor.
‘It’s very strange, I have to say that.
I feel very sorry for Legia, it’s tough to think of them, I have friends from Norway there.
But that’s what UEFA have said, and we haven’t had any involvement in that decision.
Now we just have to get ready for Maribor, because we were expecting to be playing European football anyway.
I’m a football manager and UEFA have made their decision, we just have to go with that.’
- Celtic are trying to sign Real Madrid teenager Martin Ødegaard on loan for the 2015-16 ...
- Celtic & Barcelona legend Henrik Larsson has still got it [video]
- Celtic’s John Guidetti in trouble for singing ‘offensive’ anti-Ranger...
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of the 2014-15 New Balance Celtic home kit
- Mackay-Steven & van Dijk scored cracking goals for Celtic at Dundee [videos]
- Celtic’s Leigh Griffiths caught stuffing his face with a tea cake on bench during...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi