Celtic boss Ronny Deila after surprise UEFA ruling: ‘I feel very sorry for Legia Warsaw’ [Video]
- August 9, 2014
Celtic boss Ronny Deila looks just about as perplexed as everyone else at the news that UEFA have disqualified Legia Warsaw from the Champions League, and hence reinstated his Glasgow side.
The ruling means Celtic have been given a ‘last chance saloon’ option on the Champions League, with a final play-off against Slovenian champions Maribor.
‘It’s very strange, I have to say that.
I feel very sorry for Legia, it’s tough to think of them, I have friends from Norway there.
But that’s what UEFA have said, and we haven’t had any involvement in that decision.
Now we just have to get ready for Maribor, because we were expecting to be playing European football anyway.
I’m a football manager and UEFA have made their decision, we just have to go with that.’
- Watch Tyler Blackett meet his new Celtic fans after his loan move from Man United (Videos)
- Celtic legends John Hartson and Chris Sutton slam club after CL playoff exit (video)
- Malmo v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League play-off 2nd leg
- Malmö fans troll Celtic with funny twist on Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick In ...
- Fail: Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths loses a fight with an advertising hoarding (Video)
- Celtic’s Virgil Van Dijk’s pulled off a brilliant nutmeg v Partick Thistle...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...