Celebration of the Week: Azizbek Haydarov hugs the referee after Uzbekistan beat Iran
- November 15, 2012
Not all the international matches on Wednesday night were friendlies.
Over in Asia the latest round of 2014 World Cup qualifiers took place, and one of the standout results was Uzbekistan’s 1-0 away win Iran.
The win pushed Uzbekistan to the top of their qualification group, and the joy of being in pole position was evident when referee Ali Hamad Madhad Saif Al Badwawi blew the final whistle.
Immediately after tooting the match’s conclusion, the ref was set upon by Uzbekistan’s Azizbek Haydarov who tried hugging the man in black in wild celebration.
For the record the referee instantly rejected the hug, however the gesture nevertheless raised the spectre of a conspiracy theory after Al Badwawi disallowed a goal from Iranian midfielder Mohammad Noori in the 12th minute due to a debatable offside call.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”259325″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...