Cat Got Your Tongue, Thomas? Vermaelen refuses to comment on Arsenal future at Belgium camp
- November 14, 2013
Thomas Vermaelen spoke to Sky’s roving reporter Gary Coterill from Belgium’s World Cup playoff preparation camp today, but was in no mood to discuss his Arsenal future.
Asked about his situation at the Premier League leaders, the marginalised centre half was surprisingly reticent, while also refuting the recent quote attributed to him saying he was 100% committed to Arsenal.
‘I don’t wanna speak about this situation, because if I say something, people make it worse, so I don’t wanna talk about that.
You know, it’s not about my situation, it’s about how the team goes, and at the moment we’re doing well as a team, so my situation is not important.”
A comedy moment followed, with Vermaelen showing himself to be just as demanding about interview etiquette as Roy Keane.
As a Colombian journo took a call during his interview, he said ‘Is he really calling?’ – before breaking out in incredulous laughter.
[gthumb id=”375910″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Arsenal have shown interest in €21m rated Real Madrid starlet Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- See why Arsenal are intent on signing Joao Virginia from Benfica (Video evidence)
- Arsene Wenger and Arsenal take celebratory selfies after beating Chelsea (Parody Video)
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is appalled by Carl Jenkinson’s love of country music (Vi...
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Mikel Arteta says Arsenal teammate The Ox has the world at his feet (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi