Casillas waited for Buffon instead of celebrating after Spain beat Italy on penalties [pictures]
- June 27, 2013
Why are people so fixated on who's the best, Casillas or Buffon? They are both Greats, simple fact!!
— Peter Schmeichel (@Pschmeichel1) June 27, 2013
Massive respect to Iker Casillas!
There were touching scenes between two of the greatest goalkeepers to ever play the game on Thursday evening as Iker Casillas waited to celebrate with his Spanish team mates to first commiserate with Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon.
Both Casillas and Buffon failed to make a save in a high class penalty shoot-out as Spain won 7-6 on penalties after a goalless draw in 120 minutes.
Even before the penalty shoot-out there was plenty of warm embracing between the two national team captains and some of the pictures below are a true sign of what sportsmanship is about.
It may only have been a Confederations Cup semi-final but this could live long in the memory.
After the pictures, the video at the bottom of this post shows the before and after of the Casillas-Buffon bromance.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...