Carra attacks G Nev on Man United legend Scholes: ‘If he was so good, why was he played on the left for England?’
- September 16, 2013
A fascinating argument broke out at the end of Monday Night Football over who was better: Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard or Paul Scholes.
Jamie Carragher was quick to give his opinion, saying “everyone knows I’d go Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes.”
While Carragher went on to rationalise his choices, many observers felt the ex-Liverpool defenders choice, particularly that of Scholes in third place, was reflective on deep-rooted rivalry with Manchester United.
After Carra’s input, Gary Neville hit back. “Paul Scholes is the best player I’ve ever played with.”
Then the bitchiness kicked in.
Carragher challenged Scholes’ legacy, asking “if he was so good, why was he played on the left for England?” and “why did Sir Alex Ferguson buy Veron then?”
Watch the lively debate on Paul Scholes’ legacy below, along with some tweets on the argument.
— Andrew Greasley (@AndrewGreasley) September 16, 2013
Paul Scholes on the left wing. That actually happened. That’s like having James Brown as a backing dancer.
— Musa Okwonga (@Okwonga) September 16, 2013
- Gary Neville: Man United need to replace Angel Di Maria, warns fans not to rely on Memp...
- Man United legend Gary Neville fronts a new Sky Sports Premier League advert [Video]
- Gary Neville’s quality Twitter gag about new Man United signing Matteo Darmian
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher will wear a Man United shirt on live TV [Tweets]
- Man United man Gary Neville completely ruins Liverpool fan on Twitter with witty comeba...
- Gary Neville & Jamie Redknapp watch some amazing Sunday League golazos [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi