Carlo Ancelotti set to leave PSG for Real Madrid in the coming hours
- June 5, 2013
Marca report this afternoon that Carlo Ancelotti is close to leaving PSG to take over at Real Madrid.
The Italian former AC Milan and Chelsea coach is set to meet the PSG hierarchy this afternoon where Ancelotti will tell them, once again, that he wants to leave for Los Blancos.
PSG are still awaiting an offer from Real Madrid for Ancelotti. And the Parisians have also discarded the option of bringing in Laurent Blanc as a replacement with the former France coach reportedly heading to Roma.
Real Madrid have also run out of options following Jupp Heynckes’ announcement that he will not be taking over anywhere else after leading Bayern Munich to a treble.
Spanish paper Marca believe a deal for Ancelotti could be wrapped up this week with the presentation taking place next week.
Once installed, Carlo Ancelotti will have to decide how Zinedine Zidane fits into his coaching staff and there will also be roles for Hernan Crespo and Fabio Cannavaro.
Intriguingly, PSG will likely ask Real Madrid for compensation for Ancelotti, who has one year left on his deal in France.
PSG could, according to Marca, look into making a move for Cristiano Ronaldo during discussions.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi