Carla Dauden from Brazil: “No, I’m not going to the World Cup”
- June 18, 2013
The start of the Confederations Cup appears to have really woken up the globe to internal issues in Brazil.
In the lead up to the opening Confederations Cup match, President Dilma Rousseff was booed, riot police broke up a protest outside the Maracana with tear gas and then Brazilians sent a message over the social networks urging football fans NOT to come to the 2014 World Cup.
On Monday night, over 200,000 people protested in Rio, Sao Paulo and Brasilia over the high cost of public transportation and hosting the 2014 World Cup.
With just a year to go, the image Brazil is projecting to the world is not one of a harmonious place.
Also yesterday, Carla Dauden released a video, in English, explaining why Brazilians are so unhappy.
On the YouTube video itself is the following explanation: “TODAY (Jun 17, 2013) thousands of people are going to the streets of São Paulo to protest against the raise in the prices of bus tickets.
This video was recorded right before the recent protests started, but with all of this going on, it becomes even more evident that the World Cup and the Olympics should not be our priority. The world has to know about what’s really going on.
Please share #changebrazil”
Incredibly, this video already has over 500,000 views. The message is spreading…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...