Can’t get a game at Man United… England set to call up Wilfried Zaha for Denmark friendly
- February 15, 2014
David Moyes barely played Wilfried Zaha whilst he was at Old Trafford.
As a result, the Manchester United boss sent Zaha out on loan to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Cardiff.
Zaha has had a mixed time at Cardiff. Making an immediate impact against Norwich.
But, the former Crystal Palace winger was also part of the Cardiff side on Saturday that lost 2-1 at home to Wigan in the FA Cup.
On Sunday, the Sunday Telegraph report that Zaha is set for a call-up to Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the friendly with Denmark in early March.
The Manchester United winger, along with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Nathan Redmond, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend, are viewed as viable options for the England squad going to the World Cup.
Zaha and Sterling appeared to have impressed the most in recent weeks which will come as some surprise to those who have followed the former’s career at Manchester United.
See Jason Burt’s Sunday Telegraph article above.
- Ex Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd pulls off unreal piece of skill for Júbilo Iwata in Jap...
- Ipswich midfielder Cole Skuse nets wondergoal to end 3 year goal drought [Official Video]
- Ex-Cardiff forward Andreas Cornelius suffers a horrible leg break for FC Copenhagen [Vi...
- Bournemouth were controversially denied a freak winner v Cardiff in a 1-1 draw [Officia...
- Nuts: Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City) beats 3 Brentford men with outrageous skill [Officia...
- Skills! Watford’s Odion Ighalo produced 3 separate unreal moves ft. 2 nutmegs [Of...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi