Can’t get a game at Man United… England set to call up Wilfried Zaha for Denmark friendly
- February 15, 2014
David Moyes barely played Wilfried Zaha whilst he was at Old Trafford.
As a result, the Manchester United boss sent Zaha out on loan to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Cardiff.
Zaha has had a mixed time at Cardiff. Making an immediate impact against Norwich.
But, the former Crystal Palace winger was also part of the Cardiff side on Saturday that lost 2-1 at home to Wigan in the FA Cup.
On Sunday, the Sunday Telegraph report that Zaha is set for a call-up to Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the friendly with Denmark in early March.
The Manchester United winger, along with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Nathan Redmond, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend, are viewed as viable options for the England squad going to the World Cup.
Zaha and Sterling appeared to have impressed the most in recent weeks which will come as some surprise to those who have followed the former’s career at Manchester United.
See Jason Burt’s Sunday Telegraph article above.
- Fan tried to head a ball in the Cardiff v Wolves match. He failed spectacularly (Videos)
- Cardiff v Wolverhampton: Watch a Live Stream
- Watch Scott Malone’s injury time golazo that gave Cardiff a 2-2 draw at QPR (Offi...
- Cardiff 2 – Watford 1: Troy Deeney scores for the Hornets, Joe Mason hits a doubl...
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobi...
- Ex Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd pulls off unreal piece of skill for Júbilo Iwata in Jap...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...