- Harry Redknapp post-Arsenal: ‘It was a clear penalty from Gibbs on Bobby Zamora’ [Video]
- Sami Khedira is hoping to reach an agreement for a new contract at Real Madrid
- Arsenal fan lays into Olivier Giroud for ‘brainless’ sending off v QPR [Video]
- Neymar: I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as Ronaldo or Messi [Globo]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘Alexis Sanchez has so much self-confidence that sometimes he’s too individual’ [Video]
Can’t get a game at Man United… England set to call up Wilfried Zaha for Denmark friendly
David Moyes barely played Wilfried Zaha whilst he was at Old Trafford.
As a result, the Manchester United boss sent Zaha out on loan to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Cardiff.
Zaha has had a mixed time at Cardiff. Making an immediate impact against Norwich.
But, the former Crystal Palace winger was also part of the Cardiff side on Saturday that lost 2-1 at home to Wigan in the FA Cup.
On Sunday, the Sunday Telegraph report that Zaha is set for a call-up to Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the friendly with Denmark in early March.
The Manchester United winger, along with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Nathan Redmond, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend, are viewed as viable options for the England squad going to the World Cup.
Zaha and Sterling appeared to have impressed the most in recent weeks which will come as some surprise to those who have followed the former’s career at Manchester United.
See Jason Burt’s Sunday Telegraph article above.
- Updated: February 15, 2014