Canal +: Chelsea close in on Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis, Liverpool also interested
- December 16, 2012
There was some interesting transfer gossip during the big game in France on Sunday night, as PSG beat Lyon 1-0 at the Parc de Princes.
According to Canal +, there is a strong chance Bafetimbi Gomis will leave Lyon in January with Chelsea and Liverpool following the French striker very closely.
Gomis has scored 10 Ligue 1 goals in 2012/2013 and has been targeted by both Chelsea and Liverpool who are keen on improving their options up front in the January transfer window.
Reports in France suggest Chelsea lead the chase for Gomis and representatives of the London club have begun tentative negotiations with Lyon.
OL would be forced to sell should a reasonable offer come in for the French forward since they are eager to reduce the payroll at the Stade de Garland.
The 27-year-old forward who has never played outside France would likely be a support striker for Fernando Torres at Chelsea or Luis Suarez at Liverpool. Either off the bench or as a target man up front.
Bafetimbi Gomis’ best performance this season came when he scored a fine hat-trick at Marseille, at the end of November. Video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278499″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi