- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Canal +: Chelsea close in on Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis, Liverpool also interested
There was some interesting transfer gossip during the big game in France on Sunday night, as PSG beat Lyon 1-0 at the Parc de Princes.
According to Canal +, there is a strong chance Bafetimbi Gomis will leave Lyon in January with Chelsea and Liverpool following the French striker very closely.
Gomis has scored 10 Ligue 1 goals in 2012/2013 and has been targeted by both Chelsea and Liverpool who are keen on improving their options up front in the January transfer window.
Reports in France suggest Chelsea lead the chase for Gomis and representatives of the London club have begun tentative negotiations with Lyon.
OL would be forced to sell should a reasonable offer come in for the French forward since they are eager to reduce the payroll at the Stade de Garland.
The 27-year-old forward who has never played outside France would likely be a support striker for Fernando Torres at Chelsea or Luis Suarez at Liverpool. Either off the bench or as a target man up front.
Bafetimbi Gomis’ best performance this season came when he scored a fine hat-trick at Marseille, at the end of November. Video below.
- Updated: December 16, 2012