Can we take him back for a refund? Fernando Torres epic defending v Steaua
- March 8, 2013
Dear oh dear. Fernando Torres was once lauded as one of the best strikers in the world.
Now the £50 million Chelsea man is a laughing stock for all. Aged 28, Torres should be at the top of his game.
However, since signing for Chelsea in 2011, the Spanish ‘goalgetter’ has managed a pathetic 14 goals in 74 league games.
Thursday night was no different for the record Blues signing. In Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat at the hands of Romanian club Steaua Bucharest, Fernando Torres’s performance was poor, even by his recent standards.
His dribbling was laughable, and when he was put in for a one-on-one by Frank Lampard, he inexplicably chose to clear the ball from the Romanian goalmouth.
101GG is beginning to feel a little sympathetic towards the megaflop that is Fernando Torres.
Watch the epic piece of defending below:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...