- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
BVB coach Jürgen Klopp admits contacting Kagawa, but says he won’t leave Man United this year
Amid suggestions that Shinji Kagawa has been trying to engineer a move from Manchester United back to Borussia Dortmund, BVB coach Jürgen Klopp has now slammed to door firmly shut on the Japanese international leaving Old Trafford this summer.
Last weekend Kagawa appeared on Japanese football show “Foot Brain”, and the Man United forward made a statement which pricked up the ears of both Red Devils and Borussia Dortmund fans.
Kagawa said: Someday I want to return to that team [Borussia], I will be back someday…. if Dortmund is okay with it.
Following the German Super Cup on Saturday – where Borussia Dortmund beat Bayern Munich 4-2 – BVB coach Jürgen Klopp was forced to answer questions on whether Kagawa could make a dramatic return to the Bundesliga any time soon.
Klopp, who admitted that he had contacted Kagawa after the departure of Mario Gotze to Bayern earlier in the summer, told Sky Germany:
[Coming back] is not an option for him this year and not an option for us… This was made obvious quite quickly. Shinji wants to prove himself at Man United this season. I didnt think the response would be any different but better safe than sorry.
Kagawa made 26 appearances for United in 2012-13, scoring six times.
- Updated: July 28, 2013