But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
- May 9, 2014
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.
- Raheem Sterling tells Liverpool to leave him out of pre-season tour so he can sign for ...
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi