But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Individual highlights of Sadio Mane’s stunning performance for Liverpool v Burton (Video)August 24, 2016