But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- Man United target Gelson Martins sets up Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic in Portugal (Video)October 1, 2016
- Liverpool’s James Milner has an incredible Premier League winning recordOctober 1, 2016
- Klopp’s Liverpool & Pochettino’s Tottenham are EPL comeback kingsOctober 1, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge didn’t dive v Swansea (Video)October 1, 2016