But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Jose Mourinho threatens to kill himself if Chelsea replace him with Brendan Rodgers (Sp...
- Premier League managers troll Jose Mourinho and Brendan Rodgers in excellent spoof (Video)
- Brendan Rodgers’ voicemail gets hacked in hilarious 442oons parody (video)
- Kloppmania: Liverpool already have official merchandise of ‘The Normal One’...
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)