But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
- May 9, 2014
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers admits he was a reason behind Raheem Sterling’s departure [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi