- Huge blow for Real Madrid: Luka Modric out injured for 6 weeks [AS]
- Franck Ribery’s little brother Steven (19) scored a brilliant scissors-kick for Bayern Munich II [Videos]
- Champions: PSV win the Eredivisie title for the 22nd time in history v Heerenveen [Videos]
- Keep it classy! A female Chelsea fan got swept up in swearing after the win v Man United [Video]
- James Rodriguez scored a golazo after some sublime Real Madrid build-up v Malaga [Videos]
But you said it was? Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says title race ‘is certainly not over’ [Video]
- May 9, 2014
Well, this is a bit of a volte-face!
After declaring the title race over, and handing the title to Man City after Monday night’s madcap 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has tweaked his narrative, and says ‘it’s certainly not over’ going into the last day.
Of course, we’re being churlish: Rodgers has every right to say this, indeed he’d be foolish not to, with a City defeat and a Liverpool win landing the Reds the title.
Rodgers admitted it’s unlikely, but did talk up West Ham’s chances, ingratiating himself with ‘big Andy’ (Carroll), who he unceremoniously sold.
Rodgers also said Liverpool responded to the question of whether they could handle the pressure, saying that their football’s been fantastic since going top of the league.
Except for those 9 minutes at Crystal Palace of course, which had nothing to do with buckling under pressure.