But he plays for Barça? David Moyes: ‘We need Xavi [sic] Hernandez, he scores goals so we’ll continue to use him’
- November 5, 2013
Manchester United manager David Moyes is a known aficionado of Spanish football, but he’s yet to master the nuances of the language.
Asked about Mexican striker Chicharito’s subversive retweeting of a story on Sunday about the possibility of him leaving the club, David Moyes was asked about Hernandez’s future at his Champions League press conference yesterday.
And he dismissed the notion of him leaving, insisting ‘We need Xavi…Hernandez. He scores goals for us, so we’ll continue to use him.
Doesn’t Xavi Hernandez play for Barcelona?
Relax, it’s just a joke on his simple mispronunciation/mixing up of Javi and Xavi, but an unfortunate and funny one nonetheless, as both players share the same family name ‘Hernandez’.
Aside from the mispronunciation, it wasn’t the most convincing of denials from Moyes…
[gthumb id=”372783″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi