But he plays for Barça? David Moyes: ‘We need Xavi [sic] Hernandez, he scores goals so we’ll continue to use him’
- November 5, 2013
Manchester United manager David Moyes is a known aficionado of Spanish football, but he’s yet to master the nuances of the language.
Asked about Mexican striker Chicharito’s subversive retweeting of a story on Sunday about the possibility of him leaving the club, David Moyes was asked about Hernandez’s future at his Champions League press conference yesterday.
And he dismissed the notion of him leaving, insisting ‘We need Xavi…Hernandez. He scores goals for us, so we’ll continue to use him.
Doesn’t Xavi Hernandez play for Barcelona?
Relax, it’s just a joke on his simple mispronunciation/mixing up of Javi and Xavi, but an unfortunate and funny one nonetheless, as both players share the same family name ‘Hernandez’.
Aside from the mispronunciation, it wasn’t the most convincing of denials from Moyes…
[gthumb id=”372783″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...