Bus Over! 29 footballers are injured in Brazil
- June 2, 2009
This is how not to celebrate a promotion winning season.
Brazilian side Sertaozinho experienced a horrific accident on Sunday when their open-top bus celebrations turned into a nightmare as their bus toppled over with the players on-board.
The incident occurred when the rickety vehicle, carrying too many people than was reasonable, fell into a dip in the road. Unable to regain its balance, the crowd watched on in horror as the bus fell on its side, with the footballers all tumbling to the ground.
Sadly there were serious injuries, with reports of broken limbs and with one player said to have severely damaged his spleen.
The shocking incident can be seen here.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...