Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
- February 26, 2014
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...