Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea fans react angrily on Twitter to club’s announcement of goalkeeper EduardoAugust 25, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Supposedly a target for Arsenal & Chelsea, James Rodriguez is buying a house in Turin [EFE]August 25, 2016
- Man United post best skills from 5-2 win over Galatasaray ft. Ibrahimovic & Depay (Video)August 2, 2016
- Bruma reveals what Jose Mourinho said to him after Man United 5 – Galatasaray 2 [O Jogo]August 1, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic talks about his dream debut for Man United v Galatasaray (Video)July 31, 2016
- All 5 Manchester United goals v Galatasaray (Official videos)July 30, 2016