Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
- February 26, 2014
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones (Video)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa enjoys watching porn movies with friends [Art Of War]
- Chelsea agree terms with Baba Rahman, negotiating fee with Augsburg (Di Marzio)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi