Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
Watch Live Stream
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- Kurt Zouma updates Chelsea fans with good news [Instragram Video]May 26th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek bags superb brace in 4-0 England U21 win (Official Highlights)May 26th, 2016
- Hilarious: Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku gets brilliantly pranked in Belgium training (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Galatasaray and Fenerbahce look back on Graeme Souness flag incident 20 years later (Video)April 23rd, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski hits out at media reports he wants to leave Galatasaray [Tweets]March 21st, 2016
- Galatasaray v Fenerbahce called off due to a terror threatMarch 20th, 2016
- Kemal Bulut, father of Galatasaray’s Umut Bulut, was killed in the Ankara terror attackMarch 14th, 2016