Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
Watch Live Stream
- ‘We all know how Jose is’: Chelsea’s Pedro dismisses Mourinho’s touchline moaningOctober 25, 2016
- Antonio Conte again defends his touchline conduct v Man United (Video)October 25, 2016
- West Ham v Chelsea: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Who is better: Eden Hazard in goal or Thibaut Courtois as an outfield player? (Video)October 25, 2016
- Mustafa Kapi posts lengthy message on Instagram after playing for Galatasaray at 14October 9, 2016
- 14-year-old Mustafa Kapi makes his Galatasaray senior team debut v Levski Sofia (Video)October 8, 2016
- Galatasaray goalie Fernando Muslera dribbles around Samuel Eto’o in Antalyaspor half (Video)October 5, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016