Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
- February 26, 2014
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Chelsea loanee Dom Solanke scores first goal in professional football for Vitesse (Video)
- Gary Neville: Chelsea’s players need a slap around the face, Branislav Ivanovic c...
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Yannick Bolasie posts classy Instagram post after Crystal Palace win at Chelsea
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...