Buruk Yilmaz has a goal chalked off for Galatasaray v Chelsea because a 2nd ball was on the pitch [Vine]
The multi-ball system employed by the ballboys acted to Galatasaray’s detriment in the final minutes of the first half of the Champions League match with Chelsea.
Fernando Torres scored his sixth goal in five Champions League start to hand Jose Mourinho’s men the lead in Istanbul, but in the 41st minute Galatasaray thought they had equalised.
Home striker Buruk Yilmaz was quickest to react to a throw-in as he nipped in behind John Terry in the Chelsea box, and when faced with goal the Turkish forward buried a low shot inside Petr Cech’s far post.
The goal, however, didn’t stand.
In a massive stroke of luck, Chelsea were saved by a rogue ballboy who threw a second ball onto the pitch as Yilmaz was busy sticking the ball in the Blues net.
See the incident below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea suffer another John Terry blow ahead of their match against Hull [Times]September 30, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas posts amusing comment on a Chelsea Instagram postSeptember 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans are talking about Thorgan Hazard [Tweets]September 29, 2016
- Conte only signed 1 player on his summer shopping list, 5 Chelsea stars set for the chop [Times]September 29, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016
- Galatasaray’s Eren Derdiyok goal of the season contender v Rizespor (Video)September 17, 2016
- Nigel de Jong leaves the LA Galaxy for Galatasaray. MLS post a salty video on social mediaSeptember 1, 2016
- Man United post best skills from 5-2 win over Galatasaray ft. Ibrahimovic & Depay (Video)August 2, 2016