Burkina Faso won a penalty against Algeria thanks to a scandalous decision!
- October 13, 2013
— David Wall (@1DavidWall) October 13, 2013
The closely fought first leg play-off between Burkina Faso and Algeria on Saturday night was decided by a scandalous penalty decision.
With four minutes left on the clock the score was 2-2 and Algeria must have thought they would secure a draw to take back for the second leg at home in November.
However, referee Janny Sikazwe would have the final say, awarding Brukina Faso a spot kick on the shoddy advice of his linesman.
A shot came in which Algeria’s Assaid Belkalem turned his back on, with the ball hitting his side.
Calling a penalty for this was exceptionally harsh but then it dawns on you that Belkalem was not even inside the penalty area!
Aristide Bance subsequently put away the spot kick and Burkina Faso won 3-2.
Algeria will be fuming if they are unable to run it round in the second leg.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...