Burkina Faso won a penalty against Algeria thanks to a scandalous decision!
- October 13, 2013
— David Wall (@1DavidWall) October 13, 2013
The closely fought first leg play-off between Burkina Faso and Algeria on Saturday night was decided by a scandalous penalty decision.
With four minutes left on the clock the score was 2-2 and Algeria must have thought they would secure a draw to take back for the second leg at home in November.
However, referee Janny Sikazwe would have the final say, awarding Brukina Faso a spot kick on the shoddy advice of his linesman.
A shot came in which Algeria’s Assaid Belkalem turned his back on, with the ball hitting his side.
Calling a penalty for this was exceptionally harsh but then it dawns on you that Belkalem was not even inside the penalty area!
Aristide Bance subsequently put away the spot kick and Burkina Faso won 3-2.
Algeria will be fuming if they are unable to run it round in the second leg.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi