- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Burkina Faso won a penalty against Algeria thanks to a scandalous decision!
— David Wall (@1DavidWall) October 13, 2013
The closely fought first leg play-off between Burkina Faso and Algeria on Saturday night was decided by a scandalous penalty decision.
With four minutes left on the clock the score was 2-2 and Algeria must have thought they would secure a draw to take back for the second leg at home in November.
However, referee Janny Sikazwe would have the final say, awarding Brukina Faso a spot kick on the shoddy advice of his linesman.
A shot came in which Algeria’s Assaid Belkalem turned his back on, with the ball hitting his side.
Calling a penalty for this was exceptionally harsh but then it dawns on you that Belkalem was not even inside the penalty area!
Aristide Bance subsequently put away the spot kick and Burkina Faso won 3-2.
Algeria will be fuming if they are unable to run it round in the second leg.
- Updated: October 13, 2013