Bundesliga’s Youtube channel pays tribute to Philip Lahm after he retires from Germany duty
- July 18, 2014
Regardless of whether or not Germany won the World Cup in Brazil, it wouldn’t have affected Philip Lahm’s status as a legend.
The right-back, who Pep Guardiola called the most intelligent player he’d ever worked with, incidentally did help Germany to a first World Cup in 24 years, lifting the trophy as captain.
It’s a hard achievement to follow and Lahm obviously felt that there would be no better time to stop playing international football, retiring from German duty today.
Players, journalists and fans alike have thanked him for his services and the Bundesliga’s official Youtube channel did the same thing, posting a video to mark the occasion below
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Bayern challenge Man United for Sergio Ramos. Offer defender a €60m, 5-year deal [El Ch...
- Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller talks to Bild about being a target for Manchester United
- Man United’s pursuit of Bayern’s Schweinsteiger looks like it’s dead ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi