Bryan Ruiz will join Betis on loan for the rest of the season on Friday, Fulham will receive just under €1m [Marca]
- January 9, 2014
Bryan Ruiz’s time at Fulham is about to come to an end.
Ruiz, who will come up against England at the World Cup in Costa Rica’s last group game, is set to leave Craven Cottage to join La Liga’s Real Betis on Friday, according to Spanish paper Marca.
Marca report that Betis have reached an agreement with the Fulham to get Bryan Ruiz on loan until the end of the season. The Costa Rican is set to have his medical in the next 24 hours.
Should the deal come to fruition, Fulham will receive just under €1m as compensation for their striker’s services. Ruiz became the club’s record signing when he arrived from FC Twente for £10.6m in 2011.
28-year-old Ruiz is currently in his third season at Craven Cottage, however he has failed to hit top form at Fulham this campaign with one Premier League goal in 12 appearances.
Real Betis are rock bottom of the Spanish first division, having scored only 15 goals in 18 games and having only picked up two wins.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...