- Real Madrid wouldn’t sell Gareth Bale for €300m, believe he can win Ballon D’Or one day [Marca]
- Bacary Sagna post West Brom 1 – Man City 3: ‘It was nearly impossible in the snow!’ [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers confirms Brad Jones has a thigh strain post-Burnley 0 – Liverpool 1 [Video]
- ‘We were good’: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho not getting carried away with West Ham win [Video]
- Louis van Gaal post-Man United 3 – Newcastle 1: ‘We dominated for the 90 minutes’ [Video]
Bryan Ruiz will join Betis on loan for the rest of the season on Friday, Fulham will receive just under €1m [Marca]
Bryan Ruiz’s time at Fulham is about to come to an end.
Ruiz, who will come up against England at the World Cup in Costa Rica’s last group game, is set to leave Craven Cottage to join La Liga’s Real Betis on Friday, according to Spanish paper Marca.
Marca report that Betis have reached an agreement with the Fulham to get Bryan Ruiz on loan until the end of the season. The Costa Rican is set to have his medical in the next 24 hours.
Should the deal come to fruition, Fulham will receive just under €1m as compensation for their striker’s services. Ruiz became the club’s record signing when he arrived from FC Twente for £10.6m in 2011.
28-year-old Ruiz is currently in his third season at Craven Cottage, however he has failed to hit top form at Fulham this campaign with one Premier League goal in 12 appearances.
Real Betis are rock bottom of the Spanish first division, having scored only 15 goals in 18 games and having only picked up two wins.
- Updated: January 9, 2014