Brilliant Sergio Busquets was Barcelona’s best player in Villarreal win [tactical analysis]
- December 17, 2013
Sergio Busquets has to be one of the most underrated players on the planet.
Partly because of his perceived diving but mainly due to the fact that Busquets plays the game so simply and is rarely involved in the final pass or scoring for Barcelona and Spain.
Yet, his trophy haul at the age of 25 is simply staggering and when Busquets doesn’t play for his club or country it is always noticeable.
On Saturday, it was Neymar who received all the plaudits for the brace that secured Barcelona’s 2-1 win over Villarreal.
Yet, as the video shows below, it was Sergio Busquets that was the best player on the park.
And, it isn’t only Busquets’ defensive work. His positional play and tactical awareness are unparalleled. But as Spanish pundit Axel Torres proves, it can simply be a change in his body shape that makes such a big difference.
The video below, showing how brilliant Busquets was against Villarreal comes with English subtitles. The second video below shows how Barcelona used “verticality” to exploit Villarreal’s high line.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...