Brilliant Sergio Busquets was Barcelona’s best player in Villarreal win [tactical analysis]
- December 17, 2013
Sergio Busquets has to be one of the most underrated players on the planet.
Partly because of his perceived diving but mainly due to the fact that Busquets plays the game so simply and is rarely involved in the final pass or scoring for Barcelona and Spain.
Yet, his trophy haul at the age of 25 is simply staggering and when Busquets doesn’t play for his club or country it is always noticeable.
On Saturday, it was Neymar who received all the plaudits for the brace that secured Barcelona’s 2-1 win over Villarreal.
Yet, as the video shows below, it was Sergio Busquets that was the best player on the park.
And, it isn’t only Busquets’ defensive work. His positional play and tactical awareness are unparalleled. But as Spanish pundit Axel Torres proves, it can simply be a change in his body shape that makes such a big difference.
The video below, showing how brilliant Busquets was against Villarreal comes with English subtitles. The second video below shows how Barcelona used “verticality” to exploit Villarreal’s high line.
- Guiseppe Marotta confirms that Juventus rejected €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi