- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
- Chelsea U21 star Charly Musonda shows his keepy-uppy skills with a sock ball [Instagram]
- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
- Mundo Deportivo list 10 reasons why Barcelona star Leo Messi should win Ballon d’Or
Brilliant! Japan fans pictured cleaning stadium again after Greece draw
Pictures spread far and wide after their first game against Ivory Coast, now just hours after Japan’s draw against Greece in Natal, similar images have appeared.
The Blue Samurai may have flattered to deceive on the pitch, struggling to convert possession into chances against Greece but the pictures above and below show how their fans are keen to leave a clean stadium when they leave the ground.
Brazilian portal Globo Esporte have described these acts of cleaning post games as “an opportunity to learn from other cultures during the World Cup.”
After the 0-0 draw with Greece, Japanese fans, armed with blue rubbish bags scoured the stadium for any mess and made sure the Arena das Dunas was left in good condition.
According to Brazilian media, the Japanese fans start collecting the garbage even before the final whistle and are surprised about the interest these gestures have caused.
Amazingly, the Japan fans are even partying with the blue rubbish bags, as can be seen in the final picture below.
Japan face Colombia in their final game on Tuesday and need to win to have any chance of progressing to the knockout stages.
- Updated: June 20, 2014