Brilliant! Japan fans pictured cleaning stadium again after Greece draw
- June 20, 2014
Pictures spread far and wide after their first game against Ivory Coast, now just hours after Japan’s draw against Greece in Natal, similar images have appeared.
The Blue Samurai may have flattered to deceive on the pitch, struggling to convert possession into chances against Greece but the pictures above and below show how their fans are keen to leave a clean stadium when they leave the ground.
Brazilian portal Globo Esporte have described these acts of cleaning post games as “an opportunity to learn from other cultures during the World Cup.”
After the 0-0 draw with Greece, Japanese fans, armed with blue rubbish bags scoured the stadium for any mess and made sure the Arena das Dunas was left in good condition.
According to Brazilian media, the Japanese fans start collecting the garbage even before the final whistle and are surprised about the interest these gestures have caused.
Amazingly, the Japan fans are even partying with the blue rubbish bags, as can be seen in the final picture below.
Japan face Colombia in their final game on Tuesday and need to win to have any chance of progressing to the knockout stages.
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- Gaku Shibasaki’s Japan teammate really didn’t want to steal his goal versus...
- Toshihiro Aoyama nets first ever Japan goal with incredible 35 yard golazo v Uzbekistan...
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [...
- Neymar-mania! Fans go crazy for Brazil attacker in Japan [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi