Brilliant footage unearthed of Roy Keane teaching 12-year-old Danny Welbeck how to shield the ball in 2003
- August 13, 2014
Incredible footage has been unearthed of Roy Keane teaching a 12 year old Danny Welbeck how to shield the ball back in 2003.
Keane, then captain and midfield general of Manchester United, was giving a masterclass to a child from the club’s academy who we now recognise as the England and United regular Welbeck.
Even in this clip we can see the professionalism of Keane who rarely takes on a jocular tone with boys, stressing the importance of knowing this skill.
We can also former United coach Rene Meulensteen and former United academy prospect Larnell Cole.
Credit to Beanyman for uploading the video, which you can see above.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]